Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have them give me the little care package of a toothbrush, paste, and floss, so I can be presentable on my return. :laugh:

Couldn't leave Christmas alone:
View attachment 74821

You buy wrapping paper before Christmas? The weeks after Christmas, the stores practically give the stuff away.

I use gift bags, and reuse them every year. :okay:

CD

Well I also had a dentist´s appointment today, TastyReuben, but mine was not as fortuitous as yours...
I got there at about 6.45am to have a couple of teeth pulled and a new set of falsies put in place.
The doc pulled the teeth, then I waited for 30 minutes, then he put the new falsies in place.. and the thing was 1/4" short.
He called the lab tech - conversation definitely censored - and the guy turned up 1 1/2 hours later.
Had to make a new impression, and new plate - I left the dentist at 1.45pm.
I´ve got a disabled son, whom I left with a neighbour " only be a couple of hours!"
The guy had to do something, took my son with him, and then I had to go pick him up across the other side of the city.
And my cel ran out of battery.
Whoever coined the phrase "S**t happens" knew exactly what he was talking about.
Tomorrow´s another day however. There was nothing I could do about today, except grin (which I didn´t do with no teeth) and bear it.
I´ve got a feeling Tuesday is going to be a brilliant day.

You buy wrapping paper before Christmas? The weeks after Christmas, the stores practically give the stuff away.
We buy it throughout the year. I don't buy based on price, but on the design of the paper. There's no guarantee that pattern will still be around the day after Christmas.

Same thing with cards. We just bought some while we were on vacation because they were very unique.

I’m going to spend Sunday at the homeless center, cooking, helping, managing some things with the other volunteers.

I’m shattered but satisfied for this Sunday spent at the homeless center. We cooked and served minestrone as first course, then chicken with roast potatoes as second course and a mixed salad, Torta della Nonna for dessert and fresh fruit.

I'm really, really hoping for an easy day today, work-wise. It's been a bad week so far.

Plans today are laundry (that's going now), and to get my extension cord situation sorted for the outside lights. I now count seven houses on my road with their Christmas lights going, so I've got to get mine up and running as well. They're all in place except one bit.

I also may run into town for a spot of groceries.

Just begged off work today, using my last remaining "occasional absence" day for the year.

I was on-call last week, and on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the worst), it was about a 6 for getting called overnight, and I've got a dental appointment today anyway, so I just decided to take the whole day, and get to a couple of other important tasks, like getting my Christmas lights outside up, and actually cooking supper (something on-call seems to torpedo about half the time).

My wifes days at home for racing week are covered by her "mental health days" her boss even calls it that now, lol

Russ

Been to see our son for an hour, 25 mins away from us, his dog hogan is being put down on Tuesday.
13yo golden retriever has cancer, I made a fuss of him. We will miss him. A bit like TastyReuben and kate.
He had a very good life. The kids will miss him.

Russ

Last edited:
Got (some) of my outside lights turned on. That makes me #8 in the neighborhood (though I currently have the most :woot:).

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.48.06 PM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom