Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rascal here is Laura Lexx, not in our little comedy venue above our local pub as today, but on the BBC. She was really funny tonight. Also in the clip is my favourite comedian ( who I have had a good chat with at the pub mentioned above) Gary Delaney - his language is the reason for the spoiler, don't tell his jokes in front of your boss or your grandchildren unless you enjoy tension.

Comedy here is over rated, the humour in the uk is by far the funniest I've come across.

Russ

Comedy here is over rated, the humour in the uk is by far the funniest I've come across.

Russ
We are very lucky to have such a strong comedy infrastructure here, and such a heritage of stand up that comes from the music hall days. Lu and I are also blessed to have one of the best pubs in the country within 50 yards of our front door (not my opinion, they have awards and stuff). In addition to many great beers and excellent food they run several clubs - I help lead the cycling club every Sunday, and they have a deli come in to do cheese club and charcutterie club. Their comedy venue 'The Laughterloft' has won the award for best small venue at Leicester Comedy Festival many times and they attract some of the biggest names, people who sell 3000 seat theatres come to do gigs for us. It is fantastic.

Last edited:
The Velvet Curtain i see your town is one my wife follows with football, she made a sizeable collect a year or so ago. I don't follow the football at all. Sorry ot but spotted your town. :)

Russ
City Russ, City. But yes, for years we had a rubbish football team, but the best Rugby team. In the last five years that has completely reversed. :thumbsdown:

Leicester City FC won the Premiership after they were taken over by the Thai family that owns the King Power chain in Thailand, and they gave the money to build the squad and recruit the right manager. The weird thing was (and Yorky might back this up) Leicester became very popular in Thailand. We went on holiday to Koh Lanta the year after the Premiership win and whilst you saw people wearing Man Utd, Liverpool, and Barcelona football shirts as you see everywhere, most people were wearing Leicester City kit. That was just so strange, and when we talked to locals in the hotel and bars and they asked where we came from, several nearly exploded when I told them, and all expected I knew Jamie Vardy personally.

We are very lucky to have such a strong comedy infrastructure here, and such a heritage of stand up that comes from the music hall days. Lu and I are also blessed to have one of the best pubs in the country within 50 yards of our front door (not my opinion, they have awards and stuff). In addition to many great beers and excellent food they run many clubs - I help lead the cycling club every Sunday, and they have deli come in to do cheese club and charcutterie club. Their comedy venue 'The Laughterloft' has won the award for best small venue at Leicester Comedy Festival many times and they attract some of the biggest names, people who sell 3000 seat theatres come to do gigs for us. It is fantastic.

I hope to get there sometime, sounds cool.

Have you seen this one, I challenge you to not cry laughing.

View: https://youtu.be/Z4Y4keqTV6w

Russ

City Russ, City. But yes, for years we had a rubbish football team, but the best Rugby team. In the last five years that has completely reversed. :thumbsdown:

Leicester City FC won the Premiership after they were taken over by the Thai family that owns the King Power chain in Thailand, and they gave the money to build the squad and recruit the right manager. The weird thing was (and Yorky might back this up) Leicester became very popular in Thailand. We went on holiday to Koh Lanta the year after the Premiership win and whilst you saw people wearing Man Utd, Liverpool, and Barcelona football shirts as you see everywhere, most people were wearing Leicester City kit. That was just so weird, and when we talked to locals in the hotel and bars and they asked where we came from, several nearly exploded when I told them, and all expected I knew Jamie Vardy personally.
My wife follows........... Chelsea. I think when she backed your team she got 50:1 odds?
I've seen your teams kit everywhere in Asia. Cheap as chips too. She wears her top every now and then.

Russ

The weird thing was (and Yorky might back this up) Leicester became very popular in Thailand.

I wasn't aware of this although I can believe it. Thais love their football and would no doubt change their allegiancies at the drop of a hat to a winning team (Premier Division footbal is very popular here).

Just finished breakfast so guinea boys need feeding, put the washer on, sort out the ironing.
We are off out later for a meal then a concert :hyper:

Probably a lot of last-minute hectic things, as the wife is leaving town tomorrow for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom