Plant Based Fast Food

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
1:41 PM
Tried Carls jr Beyond Meat Burger twice this month and Burger Kings Impossible Whopper twice too.
Both good but the Beyond Meat burger has that awful aroma.

Here on the West Coast the Impossible Burger is $8 US. East Coast about $5 US.

I've cooked Beyond Meat in the house and the aftermath is place stinks all evening long. An obnoxious smell.

I used the Beyond Meat crumbles in spaghetti sauce and it takes on a consistency of pencil erasers. If the recipe calls for one pound of meat, I use less than half that with Beyond Meat crumbles and make up the difference with Mushrooms.

Tried Carls jr Beyond Meat Burger twice this month and Burger Kings Impossible Whopper twice too.
Both good but the Beyond Meat burger has that awful aroma.

Here on the West Coast the Impossible Burger is $8 US. East Coast about $5 US.

I've cooked Beyond Meat in the house and the aftermath is place stinks all evening long. An obnoxious smell.

I used the Beyond Meat crumbles in spaghetti sauce and it takes on a consistency of pencil erasers. If the recipe calls for one pound of meat, I use less than half that with Beyond Meat crumbles and make up the difference with Mushrooms.

Not for me, I love meat!!

Russ

If I recall, BK uses mayo on the whopper and the bun may contain milk and eggs. These are something most vegetarians and vegans won't eat, so what is the point of a plant based patty?

If I recall, BK uses mayo on the whopper and the bun may contain milk and eggs. These are something most vegetarians and vegans won't eat, so what is the point of a plant based patty?
Also, if you're trying to stay 100% vegan, you have to let them know so they don't cross-contaminate it by cooking on the same grill with the meat whoppers.

I think the bun is ok, I've got some pretty hardcore vegans in my family and I haven't heard them mention the bun yet, but they definitely get it minus the mayo and they have it nuked and not grilled.

The term 'plant based diet' is relatively recent and open to interpretation. It means a diet focussed on plant foods but not necessarily excluding animal products.

It suits me quite well as there are certain animal products I love to eat - but I also like to eat mainly vegetarian/vegan.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-plant-based-diet
My readily had been inn relation to the phrase

the bun may contain milk and eggs. These are something most vegetarians and vegans won't eat,
Clarifying that veggies eat milk and honey so that isn't the issue. It's just vegans that don't, as you know.

Back
Top Bottom