Recipe Plantain Chips

Miaka_M

Veteran
Local time
8:05 PM
So, there are many kinds of chips, most common is the potato chip. Another appetizer from my country (Guyana) is the plantain chip. It's really quite tasty and extremely easy to make.

1. wash and peel
2. slice finely
3. heat oil to 350 degrees
4. fry handfuls at a time, turning until yellow (a couple minutes)

you can season it with simple salts and pepper. It tastes great with a tamarind dip. Give it a try. :)

chips.jpg

Thank you for sharing! This looks absolutely delicious! What a great alternative to regular potato chips. I will certainly need to try it sometime!

These are my absolute favorite snack..and they are so much better for you then regular chips! Although in my culture we fry them a bit differently....we cut them in chucks..fry till golden..take them out of the oil..smash with a plaintain smasher..then refry them for a few minutes. We also use a ketchup/mayo mixture as a dipping sauce. MMM, MMM good..now I want some! LOL

Looks really good. I usually do the exact same thing, but with sliced potatoes. I'll have to give this a try, although I've never had plantains in my life before.

I didn't realize how easy it would be to make these! I love banana chips and plantains. I am going to make a quick batch and take them with me on my next bus ride up north. The only thing is that they are so yummy, but so fatty. I can't just have one.

I will have to try those, I have wondered how to cook plantains. I make kale chips and they are not only easy to make but fabulous to eat.

Back
Top Bottom