Recipe Planter's Punch

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:46 AM
Back in the '70s and '80s, there was a restaurant called the Kapok Tree Inn. This punch was a specialty. You have to be very careful with these as you won't know they are sneaking up on you!:okay: The restaurant has since closed and I'm not sure if the one in Maryland is still open.

Planter's Punch
Ingredients
2 oz Orange juice
2 oz Pineapple
2 oz Lime juice -- sweetened (we make a simple syrup and add the lime juice in a large batch)
1 1/4 oz White rum
1 1/2 oz Amber rum (Cruzan, from Barbados if possible)
1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican rum
2 Tbsp Grenadine -- divided
1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican dark rum
Directions
1) Mix orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, white rum, amber rum, 1 1/4 oz. Jamaican rum, and 1 Tbsp
grenadine; shake well.
2) Pour into glass filled with ice.
3) Float 1 Tbsp grenadine and float 1 1/4 oz Jamaican rum on top.

Warning: Be prepared to call a Taxi for the ride home or have a designated drive. These things are deadly.:D

I'll have to give this recipe to my daughter and son-in-law. They are more likely to drink it than I ever am (too much rum for me :giggle:). I'm more a gin and pernod drinker, particularly as a chaser to a nice cool beer :D

Whatever you like :D One of the pubs I used to go in always put more gin in than Pernod. Another one used to do half and half. Once you've had a couple of them, it doesn't really matter :woot:

:laugh: Do you think vodka would work too? I don't have gin...

Back in the '70s and '80s, there was a restaurant called the Kapok Tree Inn. This punch was a specialty. You have to be very careful with these as you won't know they are sneaking up on you!:okay: The restaurant has since closed and I'm not sure if the one in Maryland is still open.

Planter's Punch
Ingredients
2 oz Orange juice
2 oz Pineapple
2 oz Lime juice -- sweetened (we make a simple syrup and add the lime juice in a large batch)
1 1/4 oz White rum
1 1/2 oz Amber rum (Cruzan, from Barbados if possible)
1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican rum
2 Tbsp Grenadine -- divided
1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican dark rum
Directions
1) Mix orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, white rum, amber rum, 1 1/4 oz. Jamaican rum, and 1 Tbsp
grenadine; shake well.
2) Pour into glass filled with ice.
3) Float 1 Tbsp grenadine and float 1 1/4 oz Jamaican rum on top.

Warning: Be prepared to call a Taxi for the ride home or have a designated drive. These things are deadly.:D

Hic, I'm half cut reading it,lol

Russ

Back
Top Bottom