Please help... we need more discussion threads!

New threads (especially threads which provoke discussion) are the lifeblood of the Forum. More threads which invite questions or opinions or general discussion about food or drink are needed! We get quite a few recipe threads which is fantastic (I love them) but we also need a bit of debate. You can post a poll quite easily which can be fun - see here: Creating a Poll. Or what about food in the news? There are bound to be food topics coming up in the news in your country.

Anyway, I have endless ideas for discussion threads - but as a moderator I try not to post too many threads in case it looks like I'm dominating the action. If we all posted one discussion topic a week we would be buzzing... pretty please?

See here how to create a new thread: How to create a new thread!

Have you ever had a 'What shall I cook with this' thread?

I'm always freezing little odds and ends, half a chicken breast, the remainder of a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a chopped swede (rutabaga I believe). Or I might have a couple of rashers of bacon in the fridge, some mange-tout, courgettes.

Over time these odds and ends build up, or stuff in the fridge starts looking a bit limp.

It might be quite nice to post the ingredients you've got and for people to come up with their ideas of what they'd cook. If you use a suggestion you could then post the completed dish.

I know you can probably do something similar online but it is more fun to interact with the peeps here.

Back
Top Bottom