Please help... we need more discussion threads!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by morning glory, Dec 23, 2017.

1. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

New threads (especially threads which provoke discussion) are the lifeblood of the Forum. More threads which invite questions or opinions or general discussion about food or drink are needed! We get quite a few recipe threads which is fantastic (I love them) but we also need a bit of debate. You can post a poll quite easily which can be fun - see here: Creating a Poll. Or what about food in the news? There are bound to be food topics coming up in the news in your country.

Anyway, I have endless ideas for discussion threads - but as a moderator I try not to post too many threads in case it looks like I'm dominating the action. If we all posted one discussion topic a week we would be buzzing... pretty please?

See here how to create a new thread: How to create a new thread!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    ElizabethB and Francesca like this.
  2. Francesca

Francesca Guest

@morning glory

I shall see what my thinking cap comes up ..

Merry Christmas ..
    12.07 am ..
    Nightly Night ..

3. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

I have have topic about 'traditional' foods. I will start this tomorrow with a few examples from different cuisines

ElizabethB and morning glory like this.
  4. morning glory

Excellent! :D

ElizabethB likes this.
  5. morning glory

I just featured this again - there was a great response when it was featured before - a big thanks everyone who posted a new discussion thread!

Lately its dwindled a bit - lets have a bit of controversy or perhaps a new poll. Politics are not off the agenda. Food and politics are linked in many ways...

ElizabethB likes this.
  6. Dados1950

Dados1950 Well-Known Member

Why do you use a crock pot ?....Convenience or taste ?

Because you like recipes that cook that way...or....it's easy to fill the pot...go to work and come home to a ready cooked meal ?

7. morning glory

I think you meant this as a new thread @Dados1950 - I'll copy it over as one!

8. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

I think @CraigC is doing a fantastic job of satisfying this request all by himself lately!

Does this pop up as a Featured Thread at regular intervals regardless of how many recipes and other threads get posted?

9. morning glory

Yes - @CraigC is doing a grand job! :thumbsup: I feature it every so often when discussion threads dwindle. Members can, by the way, suggest threads to be featured. Just use the report button to request.

10. Toffeeapple

Toffeeapple Well-Known Member

I would like input from the Brits on which gas hob and electric oven they would recommend because I need to buy new of both. And I can't find out how to start a thread...

11. morning glory

OK - see here: How to create a new thread!.

Basically you go to the section of the forum which best fits your topic. In this case Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks

Click on that section and then click on Post New Thread (top right of screen, in grey) - the rest is obvious but if you look at How to create a new thread! it tells you step by step if you need it.

I also need a new hob and oven so would be interested in this topic.

12. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

I recall spending a lot of time trying to figure out which sub-forum fits best. But, now I know that you will move the thread if it seems to be in the wrong place, so I just take my best shot and then get on with posting the thread. :cool:

13. morning glory

Absolutely. Sometimes its a bit ambiguous and a topic fits several sections (sub-forums).

14. impish

impish Regular Member

15. morning glory

Not necessarily! Anything that gets people engaged and chatting.