Positive health effects of Pears

Enimrac

Veteran
Local time
3:04 PM
Thought i would share some knowledge about Pears that I read up on recently. Apparently, they have more health benefits than apples. They are a great source of vitamin B2, C, and E. They also contain a lot of what's called Pectin, a water soluble fiber. This can be found in apples as well, but in lower dosages. I also read that they are very good for your gums and teeth. I particularly don't like the taste of pears, but will try to eat more of them after reading up on them.

Does it depend on the variety of pears? I didn't use like like these pale grainy yellow hard ones, although I told myself, "it's not that different from apple" so I got into that because they were cheaper than apples and not that much different. But green fragrant pears have very soft fruit flesh and the flavor just explodes in your mouth. They can be expensive for this reason, however.

I do like pears, but I don't eat them very often. When they are fresh I only like them when they are at the right stage between being rock hard and going soft. I do like natural pear juice and I think canned pears in pear juice are very nice.

Does it depend on the variety of pears? I didn't use like like these pale grainy yellow hard ones, although I told myself, "it's not that different from apple" so I got into that because they were cheaper than apples and not that much different. But green fragrant pears have very soft fruit flesh and the flavor just explodes in your mouth. They can be expensive for this reason, however.

Ellyn, Good question about the variety of Pears. Not sure if it applies to all pears across the board, but I think most pears you will find have these health benefits. I personally tend to like the harder pears myself as opposed to the softer ones. For the same reason, that they remind me more of apples.

I assume there is more benefit with fresh pears with the skin. I like pears a lot, so it's good news for me. Thank you for sharing this.

I didn't realize that pears had so many health benefits. I love pears. All varieties. I have never met a pear that I didn't love.

Back
Top Bottom