Posting photos from a phone

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:30 PM
[Mod.edit: post slightly edited and copied over from another thread].

I have been trying to figure out why, when I send photos from my phone to my desktop, I can't get them to post on the CB website at the original size (they come out smaller, not thumbnail size but not as large as when directly posted from my phone), so when I post a recipe, I have to first write up the recipe on my desktop, save it, and then go in using my phone to edit my post and add the photos. Writing up the recipe from my phone is a royal PITA. I hate typing on my phone, it takes forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not uncommon when a device "sends" a photo, it can/does/auto/has option to reduce the size.
see if there's some menu option in the "share/send pix" controls to retain original size....

I simply plug my iPhone into the computer with a cable, the Photo show up just like a "folder aka directory" in Windows and I can copy/cut/paste from the phone to the computer.
(however, with iPhone it does not work the other way - I cannot copy a pix to the iPhone... special software/iTunes needed...)

I have been trying to figure out why, when I send photos from my phone to my desktop, I can't get them to post on the CB website at the original size (they come out smaller, not thumbnail size but not as large as when directly posted from my phone), so when I post a recipe, I have to first write up the recipe on my desktop, save it, and then go in using my phone to edit my post and add the photos. Writing up the recipe from my phone is a royal PITA. I hate typing on my phone, it takes forever.

It may help if you can tell us the model of phone you are using. I've not had any issues like this (Samsung Galaxy S7). I used to used to simply transfer with a cable but lately I've been transferring from phone to memory stick (as a back-up) and then copying to computer.

It may help if you can tell us the model of phone you are using. I've not had any issues like this (Samsung Galaxy S7). I used to used to simply transfer with a cable but lately I've been transferring from phone to memory stick (as a back-up) and then copying to computer.
Samsung S9+

I don't like using a cable to transfer because it's a hassle, so I was emailing them to myself and then downloading them to my desktop. I haven't tried it with my other desktop or my laptop, maybe it was just my HP desktop that was being unruly.

Samsung S9+

I don't like using a cable to transfer because it's a hassle, so I was emailing them to myself and then downloading them to my desktop. I haven't tried it with my other desktop or my laptop, maybe it was just my HP desktop that was being unruly.

It might be the fact you are emailing them. Your email provider might be downsizing files. That seems the likely reason to me.

Its a bit of a hassle to use a cable, I agree. I use a simple widget to transfer straight from phone to a USB stick (this means all my photos are saved to that memory stick). Then I plug USB stick into computer and download as needed.

And hey! You got a better phone camera than me.

Last edited:

Have you tried uploading them into the media gallery instead?

I'm on a Samsung S8+ and hadn't noticed a problem, but I always use the media gallery because it only uploads the image the once, then you link back to where you want it. If it is uploaded to 2 places using the file upload, the site ends up storing 2 copies of the same image.

Media gallery image restrictions are less restrictive as well.

Not aware of media gallery on my desktop.

The media gallery is a feature of this site.
Media

You link to pictures using the camera icon which is at the end of the 2nd row of icons after you click on the 2nd triple dots above.

Media

You link to pictures using the camera icon which is at the end of the 2nd row of icons after you click on the 2nd triple dots above.

View attachment 70788
I'm trying to upload photos from my desktop to the website, you are saying they will come out larger than using the regular "attach files" method I've been using? I'll give it a shot sometime.

I hate typing on my phone, it takes forever.

I not only hate it, I seriously can't type more that two words correctly. What I did was download "Your Phone App" and now I can access the handphone using the keys of my laptop (via internet). However, I only use it to send SMSs; I don't know if it works posting to the internet.

Using Bluetooth, it will also allow me to answer phone calls from the laptop.

Last edited:
Media

View attachment 70788
Okay, I tried using that, and it says, "no items have been added yet" so I don't see how to upload my photos from my desktop using this option.

This image is using the "attach files" below.

I am guessing the problem I was having before must have been my other desktop computer which I moved upstairs. I am using my newer HP now and it looks a lot bigger. Go figure. Well at least now I know I can just email photos to this desktop and submit the whole recipe with photos all at the same time and not have to worry about the media gallery (since apparently that wasn't working for me either). Thanks!

Okay, I tried using that, and it says, "no items have been added yet" so I don't see how to upload my photos from my desktop using this option.
I'll be on a laptop a little later tonight. I'll grab you some "down-n-dirty" instructions/screenshots then.

I use both. I use Attach files for when I'm sure I'm just posting them the one time, and I'll use Media Gallery if I going to post the same photo more than once.

Back
Top Bottom