Posting photos from a phone

Apologies, I'm at the doctors and writing this inbetween appointments...

The media gallery is something you need to add your pictures to first.

So go to media, (the media link above) create yourself an album (so find the area it applies to, same as recipes and just set up whatever you want, or create a personal album, it doesn't matter where) and add the images to that album. File sizes and image pixel sizes are larger in the media gallery.

Once you have added the items, you can link to them as above.
They will show like this

Gotcha. Well it's far easier to just continue doing it the way I have been doing it, then.

Rather than eMailing them, try an application called "Airdroid" to transfer images. It's free for one handhone.

I'll be on a laptop a little later tonight. I'll grab you some "down-n-dirty" instructions/screenshots then.

I use both. I use Attach files for when I'm sure I'm just posting them the one time, and I'll use Media Gallery if I going to post the same photo more than once.

When you use the access to media as SatNavSaysStraightOn detailed above, the software defaults to "your media". If you click "other's media" you will see all media posted by members (if not posted as private).

Ok, here's how I do it, and keep in mind, there's more than one way to do it, this is just what works for me:

The first thing you'll need to do is create an album.

Click Media in the banner:

Click Your Media on the left side:

Click Add Media on the upper-right side

You'll see this window pop up:

And if you scroll down, you'll see this option:

You can either click one of the forum topics (like Holidays, Celebrations and Traditions) and create an album there, or you can click the Create personal album link and create an album that's not associated with any forum topic (that's what I did).

To be continued...

I think actually creating the album is self-explanatory; just follow the prompts and give it a name. I have two personal albums, Misc Items and What I Ate.

To access an album you just created:

Click Your Albums on the left side:

This will show the two albums I have (the names will pop up as you float over each album):

Click one of the albums (I clicked the right one, What I Ate), then click Add Media in the upper-right corner:

Click the Upload file icon:

Then you'll get the usual file browse window, navigate to the image file you want to upload, and click Ok.

It'll upload, and you can rename it if you like, add a description, etc.

To use it in a post, follow SatNav's instructions for clicking the three dots and then the camera icon in the post reply box. It'll bring up the Media Gallery and show you your most recently uploaded items and you can choose from there.

Pros: you can keep your images in a library, give them meaningful names, display higher-quality pics, and reuse them.
Cons: once you get a lot of pics added, it can be something of a pain to work your way back through them to find the one you want

Again, that's how I use it. There may be better/faster/more efficient ways to interact with it, but if so, I don't know it, as I generally only use this for challenge pics these days. If I just want to post a pic once and one time only, I just use the Attach files button in the post itself.

I don't think this has been addressed yet.

Inserting an image from your media album which was uploaded long ago. Not quite as simple.

Click on "Media":

Click on "Your albums":

Click on the number of the album where your image was saved:

Click on the image which you wish to insert in your post:

To be continued....

Continued.

You should then have this display...

Click again on the image desired and you should see a blowup.

Click on that funny little box top right.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and copy the BB code.

Paste this into your post.

I'm sure there are easier ways but I don't know them!

I'm sure there are easier ways but I don't know them!
If it is a recent one, the standard method which I gave earlier and TR mentioned. Your method is for when they are embedded deep in your archives :whistling:. (The bug with the next page problem was resolved very quickly)

To use it in a post, follow SatNav's instructions for clicking the three dots and then the camera icon in the post reply box. It'll bring up the Media Gallery and show you your most recently uploaded items and you can choose from there.

Posting photos from a phone post 10

Last edited:
There is 1 bit all of us have failed to mention though. You won't see your image in your post as you write it. You will only see some code.

[GALLERY=media, 8089][/GALLERY]
So you'll see the above until you actually click post reply.
Then you'll see the image related to the code once you are no longer writing your post, but reading it afterwards.

There is 1 bit all of us have failed to mention though. You won't see your image in your post as you write it. You will only see some code.

[GALLERY=media, 8089][/GALLERY]
So you'll see the above until you actually click post reply.
Then you'll see the image related to the code once you are no longer writing your post, but reading it afterwards.

I usually get caught out by the images being inserted (by me) in the incorrect order. Soon sorted by editing the post.

Back
Top Bottom