Recipe Poutini

Yeah - but what´s it got in it? The only "Alfredo" I´ve ever eaten was spaghetti al burro (butter) with some parm on top. Is that what´s in the jar?

Yeah - but what´s it got in it? The only "Alfredo" I´ve ever eaten was spaghetti al burro (butter) with some parm on top. Is that what´s in the jar?

No, American Alfredo sauce is nothing like Italian Alfredo. It is another "immigrant Italian" creation. It is more of a garlicky cream sauce. Immigrant Italian compared to what you get in Italy is kinda' like British Indian food compared to what you get in India.

CD

In my house, I melt butter, then add a little bit of heavy cream and let the sauce reduce some stirring nearly constantly so the cream and butter will sort of emulsify. Then, I add lots and lots of Parm R, then the pasta.

As previous, most Alfredo sauces are a bechemel with parm of some sort added. I ask when we are at a restaurant and will order something else if that's how they make it. However, there are a few, generally very high end, restaurants that make it similar to what I do.

Unless you make your own butter from organic whole milk, it's hard to get the high quality creamy butter that should be used so I came up with my own hack.

Back
Top Bottom