Powdered Milk

Do you mean like using it as a creamer?

There are some areas in the US like that. Coming from Chicago, I never understood why they had heat and/or fireplaces in homes in North Carolina. To the natives, it was cold. To us, we wanted the pool in our subdivision open year round. LOL
I thought it got pretty darned cold in North Carolina. We had a family friend who acted as a caretaker for a very wealthy person's home. It had a LOT of large windows and sliding glass doors to take advantage of the beautiful views. They'd had floor to ceiling heavily lined curtains made. I mean heavy, they weighed a lot. It was still freezing in the house in winter.

I was in Chicago once in January with my first Hubs who was there for business. We left the airport and I thought I was going to freeze to death. Went to the hotel. It was sleeting by the time we got to the hotel, and the weather never got much better the whole time we were there. I refused to leave the hotel until it was time to go back to the airport. Needless to say, when he had to go back to Chicago in the winter, he went alone.

Do you mean like using it as a creamer?

There are some areas in the US like that. Coming from Chicago, I never understood why they had heat and/or fireplaces in homes in North Carolina. To the natives, it was cold. To us, we wanted the pool in our subdivision open year round. LOL
That was about all I ever used it for, putting in my tea. Maybe a little drop if I was making an omelette, but not much else.

I wish I'd had a pound for every time someone asked me if I was cold and I'd have been the richest VSO volunteer in history.

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Nz is a huge producer of powder, I've never even thought about buying it. We get ordinary milk (blue top) in 2 litres. About $3 ??
We now get all types a2? What's that about??

Russ

If you really rarely use milk, the freezing idea sounds good. I buy Organic 2% milk, and it is good in the fridge for about two months. I will use it up in that amount of time. For some reason, Organic milk has a longer shelf life. It tastes better, too.

CD

Back
Top Bottom