Preparing for Christmas

Personally, I think Christmas should start the weekend after Thanksgiving (USA, 4th Thursday of November) and wrap up by little Christmas around January 6th.

I like to have Halloween and Thanksgiving before Christmas, but some places start in July! Hallmark Channels are starting 24/7 Christmas movies starting this week, lasting till first or second week of January. AND they show Christmas movies every damn Thursday ALL year.

Christmas used to be magical and beautiful. Something to look forward to with joy. Now it just means money and greed.

Noplace is safe, anymore. :cry:

CD
When you wake up tomorrow morning around 2AM to go pee, this is what you’ll see:

IMG_6129.jpeg

Depositphoto

Christmas? Months away. Not under consideration for weeks and weeks yet, thankfully. Working on the next few weeks, and meanwhile considering Halloween/Samhain, Thanksgiving, and my brother and family coming up to visit early December for my 70th birthday.

Seriously, I truly wish people wouldn't push life so far ahead of reality and enjoyment. I want to live more in the reasonable here and now. I'll die soon enough, okay?

Seriously, I truly wish people wouldn't push life so far ahead of reality and enjoyment. I want to live more in the reasonable here and now. I'll die soon enough, okay?
How curious. Last Sunday we had half a dozen friends round for lunch. We're all 70+.
One of the conversations was about enjoying ourselves RIGHT NOW!! because we're probably not going to last 20 more years.
And then I thought, wow, 20 years ago I was visiting a distillery in Islay with my parents... who were in their 70s.

How curious. Last Sunday we had half a dozen friends round for lunch. We're all 70+.
One of the conversations was about enjoying ourselves RIGHT NOW!! because we're probably not going to last 20 more years.
And then I thought, wow, 20 years ago I was visiting a distillery in Islay with my parents... who were in their 70s.

Has anyone read the signature at the bottom of all of my posts?

CD

Back
Top Bottom