Preparing for the cold.

Are you cold at night all year round? I imagine I'd be completely overheated in Barbados. Its great to see you back @winterybella.:D
Not all year round. I am stewing in the Summer months. Want to be naked at times but would not want to scar for life those who might chance to see me. I saw someone here on my Facebook say they still sleep with a fan in these colder months.I know what I call freezing some might consider to be fine weather but from where I sit, it's cold. I am a "Wynter" after all.

That's very cold for where she lives, and very, very cold for where I live.

For perspective - temps below freezing for 5 or 6 hours is considered a hard freeze. Typically we will have a hard freeze 2 or 3 times a year. Some winters we have no hard freeze. Our high humidity causes a very uncomfortable wind chill or real feel. Snow is a very rare event. Even light flurries will result in school closures. When rain is present with freezing temps there are many road closures - especially those that cross the river. We are not equipped to deal with ice on roads and bridges. Most years a light jacket and sweater are all that is needed on the coldest days. Several days of below freezing temps is a freakish occurrence. Unless a person travels to northern regions during the winter most do not even own heavy winter clothing. Looking forward to temps in the 40's today. Nice and sunny with little wind and low humidity. Lovely day. A very pleasant change.

Florida and south Texas are big citrus growers. Weather like this can be devastating.

Cold really is relative to what you are used to.

Back
Top Bottom