Produce in your region (including meat & fish)

Did you ever get a chance to have stone crab claws?
yes quite a few times, we liked the vibe at this place in Hollywood. The claws are very much like the brit cromer crab. I bought my first house in Clearwater in 1975 so I know Florida quite well.

DSCF0160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, informed consumers can make a choice, but uninformed consumers who just buy on price, don't make.
That's the big lie being used by those over here advocating letting in such products - "you can choose not to eat them". They are budget products. They will never appear on the supermarket shelves bearing labels saying "Chlorine washed chicken, product of the USA". They will disappear into the commercial food chain and turn up in ready meals, packet sandwiches, takeaway meals, canteen food in schools, hospitals, factories etc., none of which require labelling. There will be no choice.

Stone Crabs?
Yes. Stone crab claws. Made the years ago and they were delicious. Made some a few years back. Had frozen them which I found out later is not best for them, I steamed them and they were not all that good. Read that freezing them makes the meat adhere to the shell

Yes. Stone crab claws. Made the years ago and they were delicious. Made some a few years back. Had frozen them which I found out later is not best for them, I steamed them and they were not all that good. Read that freezing them makes the meat adhere to the shell

My bud brought some frozen ones (not cooked) back from the Bahamas. 4 minutes in the microwave (still frozen) and they were perfect! They were a mixed bag of medium, large and jumbo @ $18.00/lb.

Back
Top Bottom