Professional equipment for the home?

Jessi

Veteran
Local time
1:33 AM
It is highly unlikely that I will ever have a restaurant of my own.

A cousin of mine has a restaurant-size/quality refrigerator (walk-in!!) and two ovens, though, and I drool every time I visit.

It makes me wonder if there are any professional equipment or accessories that would be truly worthwhile to have in a home kitchen. I don't really need the large walk-in fridge/freezer, but are there other items that might be good to invest in?

I've been living in apartments for the last thirteen years, but I've always wanted to invest in some more professional appliances as well - it just seemed silly for me to have them in an apartment rather than a house. I'm assuming I would start hearing cracks from family and friends why I didn't put that money towards a home instead first.

Among some of the items I've talked myself out of buying - a second freezer, an ice maker, and a KitchenAid mixer with all the attachments.

A walk-in refrigerator is a bit over the top unless your cousin runs a catering business or has a lot of large parties. For most of us, a bit of extra freezer space and a larger fridge is all we need. When it comes to other things in the kitchen, it depends on what you would personally use. If it is something you use frequently, it might make sense to get a professional version rather than one from the local department store. For me, a good set of knives is worthwhile but an industrial blender is not. My quality pots and pans (Which are now about 25 years old) are still in great shape and not needing replacement.

Really, the professional kitchen item you buy should suit your uses. Buying them for show makes no sense to me.

It is highly unlikely that I will ever have a restaurant of my own.

A cousin of mine has a restaurant-size/quality refrigerator (walk-in!!) and two ovens, though, and I drool every time I visit.

It makes me wonder if there are any professional equipment or accessories that would be truly worthwhile to have in a home kitchen. I don't really need the large walk-in fridge/freezer, but are there other items that might be good to invest in?
I love the Vitamix, It's like the Mercedes of blenders, it's very sturdy and works great. I don't own one but I know a few people with it and they love it!

i would always have a dualit toaster,as it can be mended easily and trendy modern toasters are just throw away ,and a kitchen aid again tough enough to cope and can be mended easily,ish,but as for big equipment ,i wouldn't bother ,a friend of mine has a rational convection oven and its great to use,and clean, but very large ,

Back
Top Bottom