Pumpkin recipes please.

Arch

Guru
Local time
10:24 AM
In a fit of something or other, I bought a pumpkin at the work pumpkin evening last week, and I'm planning to do something with it tomorrow for me and NT. Probably soup.

So, any good soup recipes? Or alternative ideas? Preferably stuff that doesn't involve a huge number of extra ingredients.

I'd quite like to roast the seeds too, any tips?

Oh, I should say, the extra staples I have in are tinned tomatoes, basic herb and spices, curry paste, rice, pasta. I can get other veg and stuff, but don't want to have to spend too much more!

I have just tried a spicy/gingered pumpkin & apple recipe which my OH rather liked. I wasn't sure about it to be honest, but it may grow on me. Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise I would use the pumpkin instead of potato in one of my Indian meals and have that works well with the tomatoe. also think I have a squash and corn chowder which is very nice but needs a sweet potatoe if you follow the recipe to the letter.

I have just tried a spicy/gingered pumpkin & apple recipe which my OH rather liked. I wasn't sure about it to be honest, but it may grow on me. Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise I would use the pumpkin instead of potato in one of my Indian meals and have that works well with the tomatoe. also think I have a squash and corn chowder which is very nice but needs a sweet potatoe if you follow the recipe to the letter.

Cheers. I've found a nice simple soup recipe that doesn't require much further investment, and am also going to have a stab at roasting the seeds and making a pie. Good tip about using it instead of potato, thanks, I might well end up with some left. (the whole thing weighs nearly 3kg, and the soup recipe only calls for 1kg for 6 people and there's only 2 of us! I guess I could make it and freeze it).

Back
Top Bottom