Quesadilla maker.

Yeah - how are they pronounced in Caracus @karadekoolaid?
Quesadillas
tortilla
Problem is, that in Spanish, there are only five vowels: and they´re all short. Really, really short sounds. No "ays", "eees" "ayes" owes" or "yous". "A" as in "a**" :laugh: :laugh: , "E" as in elephant ; "I" as in India; "O" as in Popper: "U" as in "Tune" ( American, not British pronunciation). So Quesadilla has 4 vowels - e,a,i,a. No sweat. The big problem is that Texan is quite another language.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I usually just use a non-stick pan, but I've also used my Cuisinart Griddler. I don't know what a quesadilla maker is.

Another thing I came up with was to put my cheese in between two flour tortillas, and microwave it for about 20 seconds. This melts the cheese just enough for everything to stick together. Then, I finish it in a non-stick pan to crisp up the tortillas and finish melting the cheese. It is not so much a time saver, as it is a way to make it easier to flip the quesadilla.

CD
A quesadilla maker is just got a top and bottom. Lay down your first shell. Add your toppings and then add another shell. Close the lid. I think we got it back in the 80’s from somebody for Christmas.

There´s no need for a quesadilla maker. Put a tortilla in a hot pan (or on a grill/griddle), cover it with whatever you´re going to fill it with (cheese might be an idea :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:), cover with another tortilla, flip over, eat. Only takes about a minute!

Quesadillas
tortilla
Problem is, that in Spanish, there are only five vowels: and they´re all short. Really, really short sounds. No "ays", "eees" "ayes" owes" or "yous". "A" as in "a**" :laugh: :laugh: , "E" as in elephant ; "I" as in India; "O" as in Popper: "U" as in "Tune" ( American, not British pronunciation). So Quesadilla has 4 vowels - e,a,i,a. No sweat. The big problem is that Texan is quite another language.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Texan is English with an accent. Immigrant Spanish is just Spanish, in pronunciation. Some words are different from Spain to Mexico. The vowels I was taught in High School and College (I can't relly speak Spanish anymore, but can read it enough to read a sign or menu) had the vowels pronounced ah, ay, ee, oh, uw. British Spanish prounces the vowel 'A' like a$$, such as tack-o instead of tah-ko.

That why I posted tor-TEE-ya and kay-sah-DE-ya (all caps for dominant syllable).

CD

There´s no need for a quesadilla maker. Put a tortilla in a hot pan (or on a grill/griddle), cover it with whatever you´re going to fill it with (cheese might be an idea :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:), cover with another tortilla, flip over, eat. Only takes about a minute!

You can also just use one large tortilla, put it in a pan, put your cheese on top. When the cheese is ready, just fold the tortilla over on itself.

CD

My quesadilla maker has dividers so you could actually make six different ones.

You can also just use one large tortilla, put it in a pan, put your cheese on top. When the cheese is ready, just fold the tortilla over on itself.

CD
That's what I have always done. If it's just me I do a small tortilla because I don't eat that much. A large one is a good size for me and hubby to share.

Back
Top Bottom