Recipe Quick Cheese Dip: Easy for kids to help with.

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
11:12 PM
Okay, people who watch or have kids know that there is often a time the child will want to help make dinner or a snack in the kitchen. However, a good amount of recipes aren't child friendly. This sauce is quick to make, and calls for very few ingredients; which means you can add whatever your charge can whatever within reason that they like to it.

You will need two ingredients:
1. a tablespoon of butter
2, 2 slices of cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Put the the tablespoon of butter into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Rip up the sliced cheese and place them over the butter.
note: I put my ripped cheese on top as if I'm layering a lasagna, but this is just one way to do it.
3. Microwave the concoction in the bowl for about 8-10 seconds, just long enough to slightly melt the better.
4. Take a spoon and mix up the substance in the bowl for about 5 or 6 clockwise turns.
5. Put the bowl back in the microwave for 30 seconds, but take it out every 10 to stir the cheese.
note: I believe this is to keep it from getting clumpy.

Optional: You can immediately add something extra to the sauce or serve it as is. Next time I serve it, I'm going to use a pack of blocked Monterrey Jack cubes. With kids, maybe ask them a salty food like crackers or pretzels that they'd like to serve with the dish.

Note: A child can make the recipe and an adult can handle heating. That way, the kid can feel like he or she is the chef of the day. It's a good self-esteem boost too for younger kids.

Back
Top Bottom