Recipe Raw Chocolate Pudding

Micheleteresa

Veteran
Local time
4:52 AM
I think Raw desserts are awesome, most are quick, easy and very good! :) here's the recipe, but I use coconut milk, you could use any type you choose though and if vegan is not a concern for you, use your favorite protein powder..or not!

Ingredients
Makes two large servings

¾ cup / 175 ml almond, soy or hemp milk
½ cup frozen banana
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional)

Directions

Place the frozen banana and milk into a high speed blender and give a few pulses until the banana is thoroughly blended.
Add the cocoa and the chia seeds. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into a bowl (I like to use a jar) and mix well with the aid of a spoon. Add protein powder (if using) and mix well.
Let sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (but if you have a couple of hours it’s even better).

Nutrition facts

One serving of this pudding (which is about half of what the whole recipe makes for) scores 150 calories with almost 17 grams of protein (if you're using protein powder), 21 grams of carbs, and around 4 grams of fat.

( the original recipe came from a site called The Iron You and was posted by Mike.. don't know the last name)

I was doing fine right up until the banana line :laugh: oh well (I can't have them).
Just for others and to settle my curiosity can you tell me what vegan protein powder you use please? It is not a common ingredient in the UK and not actually something I use/have. Thanks.

If you cant have bananas you can always add whatever you like that you feel goes well with chocolate or add a bit more chia seeds to replace the consistency/thickness ( not sure of the correct word to use) that the banana would add. I use garden of life raw organic protein powder, I order it online from amazon. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, unflavored and spiced chia. I use the vanilla and unflavored

Back
Top Bottom