Recipe Ray's Florida Marinade

cookieee

Local time
5:29 PM
This marinade received a Very Good rating the first time we made it 3 years ago and it still did when we made it in Jan. Says it is good for chicken or flank steak, but the last time we made it we marinated a pork tenderloin in one bag and large shrimp in another bag with lots of onion in both and grilled everything. Mmmm, delicious. Oh, the first time we made it, it was Nat'l Florida day. Good timing!!! lol

Ray's Florida Marinade
(makes about 2 cups)

1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 TB soy sauce
1 TB balsamic vinegar
1 jalapeno chile, seeds and stem removed, chopped fine
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TB sugar
1 TB salt

Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, mix well, and refrigerate before using. Store in covered glass or plastic container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. ( I guess it is up to the user how long they marinate their food)

Source: Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook - Ray Lampe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MG, that was intended to give you all something to look forward to when it warms up in your neck of the woods. lol

Next time, instead of the combo of orange and lime juice, try fresh squeezed sour orange juice. I use it often in my Cuban cooking.

Next time, instead of the combo of orange and lime juice, try fresh squeezed sour orange juice. I use it often in my Cuban cooking.
Thanks, we do also. I imagine some people don't have access to sour orange juice.

And thanks for the Pollo Tropical Grilled Chicken recipe, printed and sitting right next to me to ask DH if we can have it real soon.

Are you free to tell how you came about with the recipe?

There is one right up the street, use it a lot. Always order extra Yuca to fry up for breasfast.

This marinade received a Very Good rating the first time we made it 3 years ago and it still did when we made it in Jan. Says it is good for chicken or flank steak, but the last time we made it we marinated a pork tenderloin in one bag and large shrimp in another bag with lots of onion in both and grilled everything. Mmmm, delicious. Oh, the first time we made it, it was Nat'l Florida day. Good timing!!! lol

Ray's Florida Marinade
(makes about 2 cups)

1 TB soy sauce
1 TB balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TB sugar
1 TB salt

Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, mix well, and refrigerate before using. Store in covered glass or plastic container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. ( I guess it is up to the user how long they marinate their food)

I have a tendency to buy a bottle of marinade every time that I go into the supermarket!!

Ray's Florida Marinade
(makes about 2 cups)

1 TB soy sauce
1 TB balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TB sugar
1 TB salt

Thanks for sharing, I will try it this week.

Hi Ken, I hope you do. Please let me know what you think of it.

Back
Top Bottom