Re-usable store product containers

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
12:19 AM
I do in fact, re-use some of the containers that food products come in. Some are very good for what they can be used for. Others are just so so. But they are free. NOTE: I do not buy products to get free containers. The products must be something I want to purchase.

Here are some examples ...

Classico Spaghetti Sauce Atlas Mason Jars:

SpaghettiSauceJar.jpg

I fit these with the Kerr Banded Lids.

Dona Maria Adobo and Mole Verde Glasses:

AdoboGlass.jpg

These are good for tooth brushes in the bath room and other purposes.

Hillshire Farm Cold Cuts Containers:

ColdCutsContainer.jpg

These are small resealable tupper-ware type thingies for storing stuff.

Frozen Entree Microwavable Pans:

FrozenEntreePan01.jpg

These are handy as they can be used to microwave small amounts of food.

FrozenEntreePan02.jpg

And some of these Microwavable Pans come with Lids, like the example above.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples and I'd be curious to know how many members hang on to these things.

I've been known to buy an item for the cute jar it's in. I have several that I use for things like mixing up a quick salad dressing.

I also reuse the plastic lunchmeat containers, when I buy those.

I've been known to buy an item for the cute jar it's in. I have several that I use for things like mixing up a quick salad dressing.

I also reuse the plastic lunchmeat containers, when I buy those.

What does a 'cute jar' look like?

What does a 'cute jar' look like?
Here are some:

I like the bottom on the one on the left, and the shape of the one on the right. These will get saved once they're empty:

I like the little details on these, and the tiny size of the one in the front. The ones on each end have little handles. Too cute to throw away!

Left to right, starting in the back, that's a mustard jar (Grey Poupon Country Mustard, I think), Yoplait Oui yogurt jar, Sainsbury's yogurt jar, and the one in the front is a wee jam jar from Bonne Maman.

I also have many others.

LIDL sell 1kg potato salad in decent plastic tubs
I re - use them for both food products like nuts, dried fruit, lentils etc.
I use those and other plastic containers for cooked food that is stored in the freezer

Also to store the thread for my leatherwork, and to sort them into different makes, synthetic or linen, and so on

Jars that have held pastes, sauces or jam are used for stains and greases for my leatherwork
And for food items as well, typically herbs and other minor ingredients

I use empty jars to hold white spirit/mineral thinners for cleaning the paint brushes for model planes
Plus to hold screws, nails etc

In fact it's rare for a decent glass or plastic container to get thrown out straight away without being used for something else first

My mother told me to keep some glassware. Now we have plenty of reusable jam glasses and even drink out of some mustard or chocolate cream glasses. Bigger glass container from applesauce are used for different kinds of things, when they are needed. Stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom