Recipe guidelines for foodbloggers

sotastee

Local time
1:52 PM
Hi,
i've got a question. i was wondering if i could post a recipe that it's on my website by giving a description about the recipe i am about to discuss, ingredients and the method and then give a URL to that website?

Hi there - I'm sure you will understand we have to be careful here not to allow members in who are simply here to publicise their own websites - otherwise we would end up with no content here - just links to other websites.

So we ask for recipes to be posted in full here preferably with some sort of introduction to them rather than simply a recipe. At the moment we don't allow inclusion of personal URLs. In time, when we know you are a tried and trusted member you can add you website link to your signature and refer members to that. In the meantime, you can of course, mention that you have a website (in fact we have a discussion at the moment about blogging which you may with to join - I'll post the link to you). If a member requests a link to your website then that is absolutely fine - you can post it in response.

I trust you will understand our current position on this.

Hi @sotastee

We already allow food bloggers 4 ways of advertising their blog/YouTube channel etc without any reciprocation.

• We allow the same member name.
  • We allow the same avatar.
  • We allow you to put your foodblog address in the homepage URL in your profile (after certain criteria have been met)
  • We allow a discrete mention of your foodblog and it's address in your signature (after certain criteria have been met).

That is 4 ways that search engines all use to track and find your site through ours. They're no link backs for us. If google indexes the site of a food blogger, the likelihood of it finding any mention of our site or a link to us on a general links page or anywhere for that matter, is remote.

And as mentioned above, this site is not a links site and we have no desire to become one . We have worked hard to create and maintain our content (as I'm sure you'll understand) and we get plenty of new members everyday who come here simply to post a link to their latest YouTube channel video.

All we ask is that content is kept on our site. So the recipe in its entirety is uploaded to our site and subsequent discussion remains here. You'll keep the copyright (assuming it is yours in the first place), all of your photos remain yours.

Finally, the main reason for not permitting a link to the recipe on your site even if you have uploaded the entire recipe and it's photos to this site is that for each and every link you add linking back to your site, it would only be fair to ask that you add a link to our site regarding the same recipe. Each recipe uploaded with a link would need to be checked out. It would need to be in the same area as the recipe so that search engines could find it and index it (given that it is possible to block areas of pages and sites from being indexed by search engines) and few food bloggers would agree to this or comply with it. So it becomes only fair that the same set of terms and conditions are applied equally and fairly to everyone.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Hi @sotastee

We already allow food bloggers 4 ways of advertising their blog/YouTube channel etc without any reciprocation.

• We allow the same member name.
  • We allow the same avatar.
  • We allow you to put your foodblog address in the homepage URL in your profile (after certain criteria have been met)
  • We allow a discrete mention of your foodblog and it's address in your signature (after certain criteria have been met).

That is 4 ways that search engines all use to track and find your site through ours. They're no link backs for us. If google indexes the site of a food blogger, the likelihood of it finding any mention of our site or a link to us on a general links page or anywhere for that matter, is remote.

And as mentioned above, this site is not a links site and we have no desire to become one . We have worked hard to create and maintain our content (as I'm sure you'll understand) and we get plenty of new members everyday who come here simply to post a link to their latest YouTube channel video.

All we ask is that content is kept on our site. So the recipe in its entirety is uploaded to our site and subsequent discussion remains here. You'll keep the copyright (assuming it is yours in the first place), all of your photos remain yours.

Finally, the main reason for not permitting a link to the recipe on your site even if you have uploaded the entire recipe and it's photos to this site is that for each and every link you add linking back to your site, it would only be fair to ask that you add a link to our site regarding the same recipe. Each recipe uploaded with a link would need to be checked out. It would need to be in the same area as the recipe so that search engines could find it and index it (given that it is possible to block areas of pages and sites from being indexed by search engines) and few food bloggers would agree to this or comply with it. So it becomes only fair that the same set of terms and conditions are applied equally and fairly to everyone.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)
The whole thing starts to make sence to me now. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Back
Top Bottom