Recipe: Super Vegie Blast Spaghetti/Penne/Shells (~20 servings of veggies anyone?)

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
8:57 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So. Sometimes when I feel low on energy, or I feel down, or super hungry, or backed up and bloated...I make this pasta! So basically every few weeks ha ha.

I find that eating it gives you a much needed boost for the day after and can be used with spaghetti, shells, or penne pastas.

So here's the deal....

You need these things

xqau1l.jpg

1 "traffic light" capsicum pack (1 each of red, green, and yellow capsicum)
1 bag of frozen chopped onions (use chopped for penne/shells and diced for spaghetti) OR 4 large fresh ones diced.
At least 2 tomatoes, firm.
One big hunk of broccoli.
500g sliced mushroom.
1kg beef mince (ground beef if you're American).
3 Raguletto pasta sauce jars (only 2 for shells/penne).
500g frozen mixed vegetables (peas, corn, and carrot diced).

How to make it

1. Put your water on the stove ready to turn on (cutting takes a while).
2. Start pan frying the onion and mushroom together until they are golden brown and soft. Place in mixing bowl to side.
3. Dice the capsicums (you can do this while the other stuff is cooking) and fry them up in the pan too, then add to mixing bowl of onion and mushroom.
3.5 Turn on the stove and let the pot heat up so it boils soon. When it boils add your pasta.
4. Brown the minced beef (America you use ground beef) and break into little pieces.
5. Add frozen mixed veggies and stir until no ice is visible (we want these to have flavour and a bit of crunch, not to be mushy - they won't be frozen but we don't want them cooked in this step).
6. Add in the mixing bowl of onions etc and stir in.
7. Cut the broccoli up as small as you can. In fact if you want to just kind of shave it off that works fine.
8. Dice the fresh tomatoes so that they aren't "cooked" and mushy, and add them in now.

By this point it should look like this:
315iyop.jpg

9. Make sure you didn't forget to add pasta to that pot :wink:.
10. If you're going to cook spaghetti you may need to use 3 jars of sauce. This makes it a little runnier so it coats the spaghetti easier. Try with two jars, if it's not right for you add another. If you're doing penne or shells you want a thicker sauce so 2 should be fine. Add those jars and stirr well. Keep the heat on until it's all hot and nice, then turn off.

11. Serve and ENJOY! I don't have a picture of the final product but I can tell you it's juicy, has the right amount of crunch, and is flipping amazing. It's fantastic! I'd say give it a try, because it still tastes like pasta and not like veggies. My fiancé isn't a veggie person like me but he asks for this so often it's not funny.

I usually store the left over sauce in the fridge and freezer for later. I can't really adjust the recipe because of the sizes of things here and how I store them so feel free to adjust for yourself!

Back
Top Bottom