Recipes using Nutella

Food4thought

Veteran
Local time
2:26 PM
Nutella, the famous chocolate and hazelnut spread, is not only used for spreading on bread. It can also be spread on crepes and pancakes. Nutella makes a good cake filling or topping and is a great addition to any dessert made with bananas. It is also used as a sweet filling in pastries.

I would like to know of any recipes that use Nutella as an ingredient. I'm sure there must be some more good uses for it in baking and in preparing desserts.

I came across a recipe many years ago now for using nutella in chocolate brownies. It is yummy.

Ingredients
2 tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread
2 tbsp. hot water
100g/3.5oz butter
200g/7oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g/3.5oz self-raising flour
100g/3.5oz chopped nuts of choice
140g/5oz plain chocolate chips/chunks

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3
  2. Lightly grease and line a cake tin (dimensions given are 27.5cm by 17.5cm!)
  3. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate spread with the hot water, to form a smooth paste.
  4. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
  5. Into 4, stir in the chocolate spread mixture, eggs, and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
  6. Fold in the nuts, flour and chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
  7. Spoon mixture in to prepared tin and level off
  8. bake for 40 mins.
  9. (this is the hard one...) leave to cool completely before cutting into 12 squared and serve! It suggests topping it with more chocolate spread!

Back
Top Bottom