Reducing our meat consumption

When my father was diagnosed to have a kidney disease because of too much protein consumption our diet in the house had totally changed. Aside from awareness, we want him to recover and follow the doctor's advise to have a low protein and less fat diet and all of us in the family had changed also our eating lifestyle. We eat only vegetables and fishes and once in a while chicken which is okay because it is white meat compared to red meats like beef and pork. They say what you eat is what you are that is why for health reason we changed our diet but which in return we are still getting the right nutrients and that is a healthy balance diet.

even though i eat meat i ,eat interesting side dishes,and could well survive meat free,pulses grains ,seeds ,nuts and vegetables cooked different ways ,most entre dishes such as chilli or curry can have a great meat free alternative

I'm alright with not eating meat most of the week. It's not really something I crave. My family is a different story. Especially my guy who seems to think every aspect of a meal is meat related. It's a challenge but I've accepted it lest I pay for a separation.

I have never been a big meat eater, I prefer to eat fruit and vegetables. I have even reduced the amount of meat I do eat by having no meat days for the familly. You can get the protein needed in the diet from nuts and some vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom