Replicating Starbucks drinks?

chefrebecca

Veteran
Local time
7:38 AM
So lately I've been seeing several recipes floating around to replicate the Starbucks frapps, and they look yummy! Has anyone ever tried making these? How did it turn out? It seems like it would be a great way to save money if you're an avid Starbucks drinker (like me).

I've never actually tried any of them as I don't have a coffee machine but I've heard they are just as good as Starbucks.

Sidevale cute statement. It is expensive to have a Starbucks habit. I got a cup of coffee from the gas station that has Seattle's best which is Starbucks coffee with a different name. The large cup of coffee was .50 less than the smaller size at Starbucks. I don't drink Starbucks, when I can do the same thing at home for around .20 a cup.

Take a ten pound note [or it's equivalent if you live over the pond] and set light to it. Then when it is completely gone make yourself a cup of coffee. the effect is much the same.

We treat ourselves to a coffee from a little van that parks up in the shopping precinct. Even on a cold day, we'll sit and watch the world go by. We like supporting the van, without it the precinct is a bit drab, and we like to encourage anything that provides some community feeling.

Otherwise, we are partial to a coffee from Caffe Nero. Of all the chains it's the flavour we like best, and when I still lived in York we would go to the one just round the corner from my flat and spend a hour or so over a drink and a pastry, watching people go by, just relaxing. So it's a sentimental attachment.

The truth is if you are drinking coffee overloaded with other ingredients, the actual coffee bean is irrelevant. If you're looking to replicate their concoctions I would suggest investing in their syrups. That seems to be the key to making most of the options there.

I would love to get a copycat recipe for Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. I'm sure there is one out there somewhere. My daughter loves them, but it's an expensive habit so we don't go too often. She actually asked for Starbucks giftcards for her birthday so she can go more often!

Take a ten pound note [or it's equivalent if you live over the pond] and set light to it. Then when it is completely gone make yourself a cup of coffee. the effect is much the same.

Holy crap. A starbucks coffee is TEN POUNDS??!

Otherwise, we are partial to a coffee from Caffe Nero. Of all the chains it's the flavour we like best, and when I still lived in York we would go to the one just round the corner from my flat and spend a hour or so over a drink and a pastry, watching people go by, just relaxing. So it's a sentimental attachment.

Caffe Nero is my favourite of the chains too, it's slightly cheaper and the coffee is that little bit stronger. I'm a fan of the collector card they do too.

No offense but I'd rather not replicate Starbucks drinks because one, they aren't really healthy and two, regular coffee in my opinion (yes even the instant ones) taste much better than their coffee. If you really want to save, then brew your own coffee at home and add some ingredients you think you'd like in your coffee. You can also add coffee and vanilla ice cream to make a really nice coffee ice cream smoothie. So much better than any of the frapps they have, I'll say.

That's a cappucino. I think to replicate Starbucks you would need to add other flavours (like strawberries or caramel). At least, that's what I think. To be honest the whole realm of fat and sugar laden milkshakes/coffee I find quite horrible. One of these drinks probably has over 400 Kcals. Which is about as many as an average pork pie or fillet steak and oven chips or even two doughnuts! I know which I'd rather have.

That's a cappucino. I think to replicate Starbucks you would need to add other flavours (like strawberries or caramel). At least, that's what I think. To be honest the whole realm of fat and sugar laden milkshakes/coffee I find quite horrible. One of these drinks probably has over 400 Kcals. Which is about as many as an average pork pie or fillet steak and oven chips or even two doughnuts! I know which I'd rather have.
OK then, https://www.wattpad.com/36091904-diy-starbucks-drinks-diy-starbucks-vanilla-bean
Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino.JPG

Back
Top Bottom