Restaurant impossible on tv.

Beat Bobby Flay is definitely rigged. It is clear that the judges know who cooked which dish, and they are mostly Bobby Flay worshipers. A few of the already famous judges may be honest, and have nothing to lose by voting for a challenger, but the celebrity wannabes know better than to vote against Flay. That could be a career ender.

Throwdown was more fair. Flay lost a good number of those. The judges didn't really have anything to gain by sucking up to Flay.

CD

Beat Bobby Flay is definitely rigged.
I remember Anthony Bourdain saying the show was rigged…to occasionally make BF lose. His assessment was something along the lines of “Do you seriously think some amateur schmuck off the street is going to beat Bobby Flay? Really?”

My favorite comment he made that way was when he said “Beat Bobby Flay,” sounded like a great show…until he realized it was about cooking. :laugh:

I remember Anthony Bourdain saying the show was rigged…to occasionally make BF lose. His assessment was something along the lines of “Do you seriously think some amateur schmuck off the street is going to beat Bobby Flay? Really?”

My favorite comment he made that way was when he said “Beat Bobby Flay,” sounded like a great show…until he realized it was about cooking. :laugh:

Cowboy Kent Rollins made himself a new and lucrative career out of beating Bobby Flay on Throwdown. 2.45 million YouTube subscribers. Made close to a million bucks since that win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07rdkl3JAI

BTW, I think on Throwdown, Bobby was more genuine, and didn't really mind losing to good cooks. On Beat Bobby Flay, it seemed more about Bobby's ego, and promoting his brand.
CD

Last edited:
Cowboy Kent Rollins made himself a new and lucrative career out of beating Bobby Flay on Throwdown. 2.45 million YouTube subscribers. Made close to a million bucks since that win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07rdkl3JAI

BTW, I think on Throwdown, Bobby was more genuine, and didn't really mind losing to good cooks. On Beat Bobby Flay, it seemed more about Bobby's ego, and promoting his brand.
CD

I think i remember an interview with him where he said he didn't mind losing on Throwdown to home cooks and local chefs, but that he really wanted to win when he was cooking against celebrity chefs, chef friends and very well accomplished chefs.

We actually based our Italian meatball on a recipe from a Throwdown where he lost, Mama Maroni's (sp ?).

I cant stand him either lol

Russ

I wouldn't go so far as to say I can't stand him. He is definitely a talented and experienced chef. But, he has an ego that can be annoying -- well, at least on TV. I don't know what he is like in person. Hey, I've heard people say that Gordon Ramsey is a nice guy in person, so I guess anythng is possible. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom