Recipe Rhubarb and Gin Sorbet

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
7:34 PM
I made a discovery today: a recipe for rhubarb and gin sorbet. The champagne sorbets, I knew were possible because champagne is relatively mild, but gin (and rum and whiskey) are a lot stronger so I thought they wouldn't freeze as well...but that recipe gives me hope!

FD_Sorbet.jpg

Serves 8

Rhubarb and Gin Sorbet
8 ounces water
7 ounces granulated sugar
1 pound rhubarb, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons gin, plus a little more for serving

Rose Cream
4 ounces heavy cream
4 to 8 drops rose water
2 teaspoons granulated sugar

Method
For the sorbet: Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan and heat on medium high, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Add in the rhubarb and simmer until the rhubarb is very tender and beginning to fall apart, about 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth. Add in the lime juice and corn syrup. Chill thoroughly. Just before churning, stir in the gin. Freeze and churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream machine, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
For the rose cream: Whip the cream to soft peaks, then add in the sugar, followed by the rose water (one drop at a time) until desired flavor is reached.

To serve: Top scoops of sorbet with a few drops of chilled gin and a spoonful of rose cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom