rice ?

what is best rice for weight loss ? any idea ?
if you would like to loose weight, probably consume less rice as you can
but if you cannot, then try replacement such as plant based rice

1664817288542.png

hahahaha! i think they just want to emphasize No Carbs for this plant based rice

I have tried that (not the exact same product but similar). Its obviously not a grain but is a fantastically low calorie (virtually zero). You could eat as much as you want of it without putting on weight. But it is pretty tasteless.

The lowest calorie way to cook real rice is to boil/simmer it rather than fry it. Otherwise - all real rice is pretty much equal in calories. Brown rice is a little lower I think.

what is best rice for weight loss ? any idea ?
My immediate response was cauliflower rice.

But it depends on your approach to life and if you avoid highly refined foods. I do, so the rice alternatives made from seaweed and extras that are similar to the pasta alternatives and aimed at the carbohydrate free keto dieters, are a no. So that leaves rice and cauliflower rice. It doesn't taste like rice, but it does look like rice. It's great if you like cauliflower. It's cheaper to make it yourself than buy it ready made.

Otherwise my general approach is simply to eat a half portion of rice and my chickens get the rest (they fight over it! )

I have tried that (not the exact same product but similar). Its obviously not a grain but is a fantastically low calorie (virtually zero). You could eat as much as you want of it without putting on weight. But it is pretty tasteless.

The lowest calorie way to cook real rice is to boil/simmer it rather than fry it. Otherwise - all real rice is pretty much equal in calories. Brown rice is a little lower I think.
agree it is pretty tasteless, I usually mix it with "real" rice with proportion 1:1, so that it tastes more like ordinary rice, but with less calories.

agree it is pretty tasteless, I usually mix it with "real" rice with proportion 1:1, so that it tastes more like ordinary rice, but with less calories.
I'll have to try that. My wife has been eating more cauliflower rice lately, but it isn't quite scratching that rice itch, so to speak.

I'll have to try that. My wife has been eating more cauliflower rice lately, but it isn't quite scratching that rice itch, so to speak.

The 'fake' rice is virtually zero in cals and not at all bad in taste (it tastes of virtually nothing!) so it might be a good trick to mix it with real rice. I'm certainly going to try it.

Back
Top Bottom