Recipe Roast Beef Hash.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:02 PM
When making roast beef hash, I chop the leftover beef from a pot roast into diced cubes, I chop the onions small as well!

Then, while sautéing the onions I add a little flour to the onions in the skillet. With the burner down low, I let the flour brown slightly. I add some stock or plain water to make a small gravy.

Then I add the chopped leftover cooked beef from the pot roast, one peeled & finely diced raw potato (It will cook as the hash cooks), and the seasonings, Then some shredded Cheddar or Swiss. Then I stir that all together, Leave it alone and let it get a nice crust on the bottom.

I stir the crust in, let it crust up again, and then I flip it so that the top side is on the bottom, let it crust up one more time, & voila!! Nice crusted roast beef hash!

I got this recipe from one of Julia Child's cooking vids; The Way to Cook; Meats!
Measurements aren't terribly important here, as with this dish, I just eyeball it and add the amounts of Ingredients & seasonings to my discretion, or as needed.
Makes enough hash for about 4 servings.
weber.gif

Back
Top Bottom