Recipe Roasted Garlic and a baguette

Lostvalleyguy

Veteran
Local time
1:25 PM
This has to be one of the easiest and most tasty appetizers ever - if you like garlic.

Get a full bulb of garlic slice off the top and brush it with olive oil. Toss it in the oven at medium heat for about 30 minutes and spread on baguette slices.

The garlic comes out soft and spreadable and isn't as strong as raw garlic. The longer it is bakes, the milder if becomes. They charge a premium for this in restaurants but it is cheap and easy to make.

That sounds amazing. I just bought some lovely sourdough bread and definitely have garlic at home, might have to do that tonight.

Come to think of it, if I add some tomatoes that's basically bruschetta right? Man, I'm hungry now! :wink:

Yum, yum, YUM! I did make this a couple of weeks ago and I have been addicted to it since then. I make a lot of soups and this is perfect with many of them.

I have had this at many restaurants and one thing I noticed is that--at least where I have been--they also always include a plate of hot peppers when you order the roasted garlic and baguette. It is not my cup of tea but when I make this I now put out hot peppers too for anyone who would like them and people seem to really like it. The peppers also add some color to the plate.

Back
Top Bottom