Recipe Rocky Road

missbishi

Veteran
Local time
9:56 PM
I made a slab of Rocky Road at the weekend and it was the easiest thing ever. No measuring needed!

2 x 100 g bars of chocolate ( milk or plain, whatever you like)
8 digestive biscuits
125 g butter (or half a 250 g block)
Large handful mini mallows
1 tbsp golden syrup.

Bash biscuits up.
Melt butter, choc and syrup
Allow to cool for 1 min. stir in bashed biscuits and mallows. make sure everything is well covered.
Pour into tin
Put in fridge for 3-4 hours
Eat!

rocky.jpg

Always a favourite here - and it's always a good thing to bring to a party or get together, or even as treats for office mates - it always disappears very fast when I make it!

I also sometimes add in fun mix-ins like various jelly-lollies too for colour!

We use rocky road as lunch time petit four it's a good use of all cake trimmings etc set in a good chocolate cut neatly and piped with white chocolate
If you have a cake failure you know what you can do with it
For my lads party's and rugby club treats I would buy 10 mixed chocolate bars and set them in chocolate the same way

I think I will make this for the next church meal. It looks like something everyone would enjoy.

Rocky Road is a classic dessert that brings me back to my childhood. It was very popular during the 1980s when I was a child and is still popular today. I do not like it as much as I used to because I have lost my desire to eat marshmallows for some reason. The only time I can eat a marshmallow now is if it is toasted over a campfire.

Oh my goodness rocky road!! I haven't had that in ages. Thank you for this recipe I am definitely going to make that. It looks so yummy!

Back
Top Bottom