Romantic Meals

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:00 PM
Valentine's Day is coming up. And yes, I know its all a load of of media led hype. But having said that, do you have a favourite romantic meal? Are you planning a special meal for your loved one?

My favourite romantic meals include oysters and other seafood with a good bottle of Chablis. That is me rolling over and saying 'yes'! What about you?

Last edited:
On the other hand, I once ate fish and chips with a particular man on the seafront in Portsmouth. Say no more...

I like that. I make Piedmont Peppers. But maybe that wouldn't be what he means by stuffed. Recipe?
Not even close.
I used half ground beef half ground pork, with tomato and onion and the tops of the peppers mixed in. Oh and one garlic clove. Cut the top off the pepper, clean out the center, put in a couple of spoons of cooked rice, then fill with the meat mixture. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350f for about an hour and 20 minutes.

Not even close.
I used half ground beef half ground pork, with tomato and onion and the tops of the peppers mixed in. Oh and one garlic clove. Cut the top off the pepper, clean out the center, put in a couple of spoons of cooked rice, then fill with the meat mixture. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350f for about an hour and 20 minutes.
Sounds good to me. You should post it up as a Recipe.

I suppose this could be a romantic meal for my wife:

bbqd squid.jpg

But not for me.Reminds me of the "Alien" films!

We shall be in Siam Reap this year on 14th so I may get away with forgetting the date.

I am reminded that I need to plan something. We usually go out for dinner on Valentine's night. My favourite would be something Asian.

Back
Top Bottom