Room for Dessert

In our house dessert is served on weekends. I don't really think about making or serving desserts during the week. If the kids want something sweet during the week they'll eat Orea cookies or a chocolate bar. On the weekends I'll try to make some sort of dessert, it might be jello but I try. I'm not the best baker so I'm learning how to bake. In our house the kids don't get dessert if they don't eat most of their supper. I can bake cookies so I'll make cookies for dessert. My kids love chocolate eclairs so I'll buy the frozen ones every once and while too.

We do not often eat desserts after every meal at home. We only make desserts when there are guest coming or when there is a family gathering in the house. We are preparing and cooking special desserts that are the favorite of the whole family.

We often have desserts after lunch but rarely in the evening because it is not good to sleep on a full stomach. When we dine out in buffet lunches, I normally take home some of the sweets, hahahaaa. Our usual desserts during weekends are fresh fruits that we bought in the market. Last Saturday we had watermelon, the oval type that is very sweet although has plenty of seeds. Yesterday, Sunday, our dessert was cantaloupe which we bought in the flea market. It was quite expensive but not so sweet as the watermelon.

Back
Top Bottom