Rotisserie Leg of Lamb

Local time
3:10 PM
Yesterday we went to a proper old-fashioned local butcher - due to Covid social distancing rules its one person/household in the shop at a time which made for a very relaxed and attentive shopping experience. I'd got some charcoal briquettes delivered earlier in the week so we were looking for something we could cook on the Weber rotisserie - and we ended up with a leg of lamb which the butcher de-boned, rolled, and tied up for us whilst we were waiting (whilst he was doing that, his colleague cut us a couple of T-bone steaks for last night's dinner). As an aside I also loved that the butchers wrote the cost of the meats on a piece of paper which we took to a lady in a booth in the corner to pay (no need for the guys handling the meat to also touch the cash/cards - great idea!)

So here it is....simply seasoned with a season mix of salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried garlic and dried lemon (I don't usually buy seasoning mixes, but Ocado gave it to us for free in return for a review).
qxzzWB4.jpg

Yesterday we went to a proper old-fashioned local butcher - due to Covid social distancing rules its one person/household in the shop at a time which made for a very relaxed and attentive shopping experience. I'd got some charcoal briquettes delivered earlier in the week so we were looking for something we could cook on the Weber rotisserie - and we ended up with a leg of lamb which the butcher de-boned, rolled, and tied up for us whilst we were waiting (whilst he was doing that, his colleague cut us a couple of T-bone steaks for last night's dinner). As an aside I also loved that the butchers wrote the cost of the meats on a piece of paper which we took to a lady in a booth in the corner to pay (no need for the guys handling the meat to also touch the cash/cards - great idea!)

So here it is....simply seasoned with a season mix of salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried garlic and dried lemon (I don't usually buy seasoning mixes, but Ocado gave it to us for free in return for a review).
View attachment 55731
Stunning! What did you serve with it?

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom