Rudy Giuliani ordered to pay millions in damages

Yeah, but they will never see a dime more than likely.

They won't see anything near the full 150M, but they will do okay. The courts will be seizing assets to pass on to the victims. It will be enough for them to start a new life, although they shouldn't have needed to start a new life, and wouldn't have to do that if not for Rudy.

On the downside, Rudy will use bankruptcy laws to maintain a first-class life style until he dies.

CD

Time will tell if they get anything. He owes so much to others, plus other outstanding and pending judgments, I don't think they will get much, if anything.

They won't see anything near the full 150M, but they will do okay. The courts will be seizing assets to pass on to the victims. It will be enough for them to start a new life, although they shouldn't have needed to start a new life, and wouldn't have to do that if not for Rudy.

On the downside, Rudy will use bankruptcy laws to maintain a first-class life style until he dies.

CD
With the next election on the horizon, let's hope that this verdict, and the humiliation of many others involved with the other election interference cases serves to stop the Trumpist nut jobs from trying something similar again.

With the next election on the horizon, let's hope that this verdict, and the humiliation of many others involved with the other election interference cases serves to stop the Trumpist nut jobs from trying something similar again.
Unfortunately, his support base seems to be unwavering regardless. Rudy even publicly doubled down on his defamation of those 2 women right before the trial ended. Plus the "apology" letters those 2 that pled guilty to election tampering/fraud in Georgia were an absolute joke. Trump has stated he's going to be a "dictator" on his first day in office when he's reelected, but then he won't be after that...

Looking at their history of actions, they'll double down.

CD

I read an article that quoted a distinguished litigator, and he said they will get a fraction of what was awarded. He says it will be more than a million dollars, but probably not more than about ten-percent of the $148-million judgement.

That unexpectedly high award, especially the $75-million in punitive damages was the jury's message to Rudy. Will he get the message? Nope, he's already badmouthing the victims in public, again.

CD

Nothing surprises me with murican politics. The twists and turns. I still like nikki haley chances.

Russ

I'm sure it is a bit unusual to you. The population of NZ is less than the population of The Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area -- by about two million. Governing 333,000,000 people is complicated, and can get ugly.

Nikki Haley is certainly less extreme than Trump or DeSantis, but the current heart and soul of the Republican Party (and a large chunk of the Christian church in America) is Donald Trump.

CD

I'm sure it is a bit unusual to you. The population of NZ is less than the population of The Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area -- by about two million. Governing 333,000,000 people is complicated, and can get ugly.

Nikki Haley is certainly less extreme than Trump or DeSantis, but the current heart and soul of the Republican Party (and a large chunk of the Christian church in America) is Donald Trump.

CD

I understand that but what's wrong with people. Trump will ring back the guillotine lol. If he gets in you can kiss murica good bye. Maybe I could sponsor you if you leave.
Kiwi dog?

Russ

I understand that but what's wrong with people. Trump will ring back the guillotine lol. If he gets in you can kiss murica good bye. Maybe I could sponsor you if you leave.
Kiwi dog?

Russ

I'm starting to research land prices in Canada. I'll be Caseydog-eh?

CD

Back
Top Bottom