Salsa Dip

Karalyne

Veteran
Local time
4:12 AM
This is one of my favorite appetizers/snacks to make when the weather starts getting warmer. It is great for serving on those evenings when friends and family come over to play cards, watch movies, etc. It is also very quick and easy to make and keeps well for several days in the fridge.

Salsa Dip
1 jar of mild salsa
1 jar of medium salsa
4 - 8 oz. pkgs of cream cheese

Add these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until you get a thick, dip-like consistency that is light orange/peach in color. Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge. Serve cold with your favorite tortilla or nacho cheese chips.

If you prefer a spicier dip, you can hot salsa for one or both jars. The cream cheese tames the spiciness down a bit, but I am a wimp when it comes to very spicy food, so I prefer to use one medium and one mild salsa.

My favorite dip with salsa in it is 7 layer dip - salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, refried beans, olives, and seasoned ground beef - it's so good! It goes perfectly with corn chips!

That sounds so amazing I can almost taste it. Its the equivalent of what my friend made for her potluck christmas party last year, she made a christmas dip complete with turkey, dressing and even the cranberry. It was quite interesting to say the least. I need to get my hand on some avocado and I'll try this dip as soon as I can.

I am pretty sure I have had this salsa dip, but I am not sure I have ever made it. I usually like the cheese dip with the Rotelle. That would make a huge amount of dip though. I think I would probably make half that recipe or freeze some and use it later..Thanks for posting!

This sounds simple and easy to make and something that is great to take to a get together. I am definitely going to give this a try. I would use a jar of hot because I like the heat and the cream cheese would cool it off a bit. If I was making it for me I would also add a few shakes of hot sauce to add to the heat of it! :)

Back
Top Bottom