Samsung Flip Phones

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
11:04 PM
A couple of weeks ago my mobile provider offered me the chance to upgrade to a new Samsung flip phone, they would reduce my monthly payments and give me a free chromebook.

I have only seen pictures of them and wasn't sure.

Spoke to a colleague today and to confirm dates she pulled out her phone which as it turns out is a flip phone, sorry but not for me thanks. Don't like the idea of having a 'fold' in my screen.

My first handphone (c. 1994) was a Motorola StarTAC. It was OK (I knew no different at the time) but I've not had another flip phone since.

1695804110915.jpeg

Last edited:
My one and only flip phone. Finally, replaced it in 2012.

1200px-Motorola_RAZR_V3i_01.JPG

I've no idea.
Knowing my luck though, it would make them easier to break.

My colleague did say that her phone screen is fragile and she will need to replace her phone in a couple of years, I like to keep mine for as many years as possible. She does have a strong case for it as her kids sometimes use it as well.

Last edited:
My colleague did say that her phone screen is fragile and she will need to replace her phone in a couple of years, I like to keep mine for as many years as possible. She does have a strong case for it as her kids sometimes use it as well.
I've usually managed to break the screen in the first 3 months of having any phone. I don't have full feeling in my left hand. I can tell I'm holding something just not how well it tightly. I do things often. It's one reason I don't do the washing up. Coat something in a layer of washing up liquid and very little survives for more than a month.

I used to have an 18 place fine bone china Wedgwood dinner service in Wild Strawberry.
My late ex-step grandmother was a secretary at Wedgwood to someone senior. She worked there all her life. Within 18 months of getting my arm injury which is actually a spinal neck injury, I'd broken well over half of it. Not they'd carelessness, but just because of the issues with my wrist and hand. I no longer have it. I kept just the cooking vessels in wild strawberry (most people don't even know that they did oven proof stuff).

Now we only have cheap plates and stuff we don't need to worry about breaking.

This phone has lasted the longest so far. It was new last Christmas. The screen protector is broken however which gives me issues. It's been broken since June... I might have to get it replaced soon though. I don't want to travel with a broken screen protector...

My first was size of a brick with a proper hand piece like a landline.

Russ

It was probably late 80s when the company had two of these. They were shared between six of us.

1695966178290.jpeg

It was probably late 80s when the company had two of these. They were shared between six of us.

That's the type but thicker. Bulkier and about 92 or 93?
One place I used to visit on a monthly basis a guy that was a big noter used to drive around with a phone fitted in his car pretending he was talking on the phone. I used to laugh, the town had no cell coverage.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom