Sandwiches

missbishi

Veteran
Local time
10:59 PM
What are everyone's favourite sandwich fillings? I am trying to save money by taking a packed lunch to work but am lacking any sandwich inspiration. I am getting rally fed up with ham and cheese. Any suggestions for a nice sandwich that you can make in the morning and won't have gone soggy by the time I come to eat it?

Get yourself some fried chicken from the deli (or make a batch of your own) and cut it up into pieces. Slather your bread with mayo, salt, and pepper and then put a generous amount of the chicken. Then take a fire roasted red pepper and chop it up and place this on top of the chicken. This is a delicious sandwich that my mother in law made for us when we went fishing last year. For even more of a treat, use a fancy kaiser roll instead of sandwich bread.

You're reading my mind! I am starting a new job soon and trying to plan ahead and decide what sorts of things to bring. I don't like to eat sandwiches every day so I may do some wraps. I know the first few weeks will mean a lot of adjustment and getting organized for meals is going to take some planning. I am hoping to work the morning-afternoon shift, and that means figuring out breakfast as well as lunch!

Boiled egg mixed with roasted red pepper humous, egg and chopped bacon, sliced ham-egg and salad cream, ham salad, chicken salad, small cooked prawns chopped up and mixed with primula,

Boiled egg mixed with roasted red pepper humous, egg and chopped bacon, sliced ham-egg and salad cream, ham salad, chicken salad, small cooked prawns chopped up and mixed with primula,

That's a heck of a lot of filling for a sandwich!

oh! Sorry, I get it now, it's lots of sandwiches.

Not necessarily :wink:
Fat sandwiches are good !! How about the old 'breakfast bun' ? Just a bread bun/cake [thick slices of bread will do] containing basically a full English breakfast - bacon egg tomato mushroom black pudding beans. Can be tricky to eat but well worth the attempt !

You can always go for the simple cheese, cucumber and pickle sandwich. Happy sandwich making there!

Fat sandwiches are good !! How about the old 'breakfast bun' ? Just a bread bun/cake [thick slices of bread will do] containing basically a full English breakfast - bacon egg tomato mushroom black pudding beans. Can be tricky to eat but well worth the attempt !

Sounds like my kind of sandwich

Cold meatballs thinly sliced with a chutney/preserve spread.

I am currently eating peanut butter sandwiches

I've always like Jimmy Johns vegetarian sandwich. Especially when I order it on their thick cut multi grain bread. I'm trying to remember it off the top of my head, but it's got guacamole, provolone cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and sliced cucumber - and you can optionally add roasted hot peppers, which I highly reccomend. It used to have bean sprouts as well, but they took those off the menu a couple of years ago when there was a contamination issue at their stores. They put a lot of cheese on the sandwich too, like several slices, so it's not exactly health food, lol.

Another favorite sandwich I make is with those jarred Italian hot peppers - not the neon yellow hot banana pepper rings, these are hungarian hot peppers packed in oil with some garlic and oregano. You can usually find them at the olive bars in most grocery stores that have them, or in jars in the Italian specialty food section of the store. Some hard salami, smoked provolone and those peppers go great together. But just the cheese and peppers alone are fantastic too. The peppers also go great with turkey lunch meat.

I've also made sandwiches with hummus, sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomato and red onion - then also put an olive tapenade spread on the other side of the bread.

Grilled chicken parmesan sandwiches are also great. Just be sure to use a sturdy crusty loaf of bread, like a french bread. Simply grill up some chicken breasts and cut them into strips. Smear some marinara sauce on both sides of the bread, and add your chicken and slices of mozarella cheese. Nuke it in the microwave a bit to get everything heated through and melty.

Back
Top Bottom