Recipe Sangria

Local time
6:46 AM
Does anyone else love sipping sangria in the summer? I have a recipe that I thought I would share, it's absolutely delicious. It's a combination of several recipes I've found online and tweaked to my preferences (both taste and wallet!). If you decide to try it, I hope you love it as much as I do!

Red wine Sangria

2bottles red Spanish table wine
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
2 cups cranberry/pomegranate juice
1/2 cup simple syrup, or more to taste (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
Apple slices, orange slices, lemon slices, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry

Combine the ingredients, chill for at least an hour, serve and enjoy!

To save money, I have tried this recipe using a box of "Chillable Red Wine" and it turned out excellent. I was making the Sangria for a bbq, so I used the whole box and adjusted the rest of the ingredients based on the equivalent bottle to box ratio. If I remember correctly, the box was equal to 5 bottles of wine.

Yes I enjoy Sangria, though I drink it quite rarely and usually end up getting it premade instead of making it myself. I do enjoy your recipe though, maybe I'll give it a try when summer comes along.

I am not able to drink red wine because I am allergic to it but have had white sangria. Your recipe sounds good and I may give it a try using white wine. As a matter of fact we are going tomorrow to bottle some wine, so there will be lots to work with :)

Back
Top Bottom