Sausage Bread Slices

Navii

Veteran
Local time
10:10 PM
Last weekend my sister and I were a bit lazy so we just cooked some sausages and wanted to eat a baguette as a sidedish. While I was cooking the sausages I thought to myself that it would be way more convenient if I didn't have to switch between eating the sausages and the baguette all the time so I just cut a hole through the whole long side of the baguette and filled it with sausages. Then after I put all sausages in there I cut the baguette into slices so we could eat it better and to top it all of I put some cheese on it and put it in the oven for some more time to melt the cheese. It tasted far better than just boring sausages with bread and it was really easy to make.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then laziness is the cool favorite aunt who knows all the life hacks.

I love your recipe! It's like a backpedaling pigs-in-a-blanket (pigs in a bread blanket, that is...I think there's a version of pigs-in-a-blanket that uses bacon.) I've recently discovered a kind of sausage that's called a sausage, but I would call it a meatloaf because the ingredients include breadcrumbs in the sausage. I suppose that if you put enough, then a very bready meatloaf/sausage can be a meal all its own, what with already having the bread in it, and the meat, and the spices.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then laziness is the cool favorite aunt who knows all the life hacks.

I love your recipe! It's like a backpedaling pigs-in-a-blanket (pigs in a bread blanket, that is...I think there's a version of pigs-in-a-blanket that uses bacon.) I've recently discovered a kind of sausage that's called a sausage, but I would call it a meatloaf because the ingredients include breadcrumbs in the sausage. I suppose that if you put enough, then a very bready meatloaf/sausage can be a meal all its own, what with already having the bread in it, and the meat, and the spices.
Laziness ruled the day, love that Ellyn. That sounds like a good recipe, I would add spinach to it. I have had spinach, sausage and potato calzones and the spinach goes well with the sausage.

Laziness ruled the day, love that Ellyn. That sounds like a good recipe, I would add spinach to it. I have had spinach, sausage and potato calzones and the spinach goes well with the sausage.
Yeah spinach sounds like it would go great with that. Looks like I gotta do another lazy day some time soon. Well it's not as lazy as my recipe because I'd have to make the spinach too but it's still pretty easy to make and will definitely taste awesome. I'll report back when I'm done with it.

Back
Top Bottom