Say Hello!

Well I am saying hello. Again! I really like it here!

[Mod. Comment]:

I think most of the new members have already said hello by posting new hello threads in New to CookingBites? We like to encourage folk to do that so that they can introduce themselves.

Every day we get a lot of new people joining. Unfortunately a large majority are spammers. They will get blocked by the anti-spam software when they try to post. So if you wonder why you see new names appearing but not posting then that is most likely why.

I like that you have anti-spam defense! Not all forums do, and it's really annoying, so thank you!

I like that you have anti-spam defense! Not all forums do, and it's really annoying, so thank you!

Its pretty well belts and braces and any posts that do get past it automatically go into the approval queue (all new members posts are put in the approval queue) so that moderators can check before allowing them through.

The only down side is that sometimes the anti spam filter, blocks totally innocent posts because they contain a word which is on the spam list or is on a list of banned words. I usually spot them and write to the member to explain what has happened. Unfortunately I can't unblock such posts. There was a recent example of an innocent post from a new member containing the word 'investment' which is a word frequently used by money scamming spam.

Back
Top Bottom