Scaling recipes, ugh!

OOH, I wonder if I could soak something into the cupcakes? Like if I were to peel them out of their papers and then drizzle some sort of boozy libation to soak in just before I frost them? Hmmmm. I still have lots of time to work on this.
Can you do it like a poke cake - just poke a few holes in the top with a skewer and spoon a little booze over. With those berries, maybe something orange-flavored would be nice. 🤷🏻

Nothing to do with cakes but I was told long ago that with curries, chillies and the like if cooking half the quantity in a recipe do not halve the spices, use ⅔ - ¾ of the original quantities. Similarly if cooking double the quantity, use 1½ - 1⅔ of the original quantities. Whether that is true or not I don't know.

Can you do it like a poke cake - just poke a few holes in the top with a skewer and spoon a little booze over. With those berries, maybe something orange-flavored would be nice. 🤷🏻
That would be good, see below.

Gotcha. Well I cooked them already and the frosting is made, any ideas on how I can mellow out the frosting? What if I were to whip up the cream separately (with no sugar) and then fold it into the frosting?

That's what I would do. You'll have to let it get really soft and then refrigerate to firm up again.

OOH, I wonder if I could soak something into the cupcakes? Like if I were to peel them out of their papers and then drizzle some sort of boozy libation to soak in just before I frost them? Hmmmm. I still have lots of time to work on this.

Chambord maybe? Or triple sec?

Well what liqueur I have on hand that might work is Brennan's, nothing orangey unfortunately. Hmm.

So I ended up whipping plain heavy cream and folding it into the buttercream frosting and it worked perfectly. I didn't take photos because I think maybe a 6 year old could have done a better job with presentation, LOL. But they tasted fantastic! The whole meal was really good, no complaints, other than my belly is maybe a tad too full and I need to put my jammies on and get in bed, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom