Sea Bass

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
9:13 AM
I have regularly posted on here about how I am not massively into fish and don't buy it that often. Also, it is quite expensive in the UK at the moment. On Saturday, I missed the cheap butchers I have been going to. Instead, I went to the docks and stocked up0 on cheap fish. I was surprised at how cheap some of it is. I was particularly impressed to buy two sea bass for £2.99 (just under $5). I made sea bass for the first time yesterday. I baked it in the oven with lemon and butter and then served it with potato wedges and salad.

Any other nice ideas of things to do with sea bass? I still have one left and might go back to the docks and get more next week.

Lemon and butter is one of my favorite ways to cook fish. You might try dill next time though, it is also a very good seasoning for fish. Parsley is also really good.

I believe it is cheaper because sea bass is common in British waters but is less popular than other fish. I know someone who goes sea fishing off Wales and he regularly catches sea bass, which unfortunately he does not like to eat.

I think sea bass can be used like any other fish. I make a good fish pie with a mashed potato topping and pieces of fish in parsely sauce.

I believe it is cheaper because sea bass is common in British waters but is less popular than other fish. I know someone who goes sea fishing off Wales and he regularly catches sea bass, which unfortunately he does not like to eat.

I think sea bass can be used like any other fish. I make a good fish pie with a mashed potato topping and pieces of fish in parsely sauce.

And there was me thinking sea bass is a posh fish because they always use it on cooking shows. I've still got one to use, so I might give fish pie a go. It is not usually something I make, but I think the children will like it.

Back
Top Bottom