Sea Salt

Pat

Veteran
Local time
5:21 AM
I have recently discovered sea salt. I can not eat a lot of salt in my diet so I have avoided salt. We picked up a combo of sea salt and garlic and I am in love.

It makes the food taste so much better.

Any one here use sea salt?

I have recently discovered sea salt. I can not eat a lot of salt in my diet so I have avoided salt. We picked up a combo of sea salt and garlic and I am in love.

It makes the food taste so much better.

Any one here use sea salt?
I hate to say this but I think even sea salt is regarded as salt when it comes to dietary restrictions...:(. But I like it too and have two kinds at the moment! In the UK almost everyone uses sea salt I think. Its available fairly cheaply everywhere. Are you grinding it from crystals or buying it ready milled?

Last edited:
Sea salt is definitely healthier and tastier than sodium chloride. Natural, unrefined salts contain many important minerals. We cannot live without consuming some salt! You should try Celtic or Himalayan or other natural rock salts. They are delicious and full of natural vitamins and minerals.

Sadly, the hidden salt in foods is a huge problem. If you eat processed foods, you should definitely limit your salt intake. But if you eat only real, whole foods, I don't think salt would be an issue. It seems that someone putting too much salt on their food is suffering from some type of mineral deficiency!

I do try to limit the amount of processed food I eat to avoid the additionall sodium in the food. I still limit the amount of salt I add to my food to avoid the issues of swelling feet and hands. The sea salt we have right now has garlic and parsley flaxes mixed in with the salt.

I bought some many months ago when realised that several dishes called for it but not everyone is using it consistently.

What I like about sea salt is that you can be a little more liberal with it without having your food taste overly salty. Sea salt is still salt but it is a lot better for you with more minerals, pound per pound. A friend of mine is able to get pink himalayan salt and she says its much better than sea salt itself. She has sent me a pink himalayan salt block that I have yet to use too.

Back
Top Bottom