Secrets to pastries...

megankl

Veteran
Local time
3:33 PM
I love eating pastries and I really don't mind making them although I can never quite figure out how to get the dough right. I have watched video after video online and I have read different recipes, different ways but I still can't get it. Maybe it is just one of those things that just aren't for me, but I really wish to get it one day! Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help me get it right?

Depends on what pastry. Short crust, I think the secret is to use as little water as you can. Leave the pastry to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes, and have cold hands, as well as rolling the pastry out as quickly as you can to stop it getting warm.

But to be honest, these days pre made pastry is so good, that unless I have to, I use pre made pastry that I buy from the supermarket.

@welsh dragon

I was wondering if the OP actually meant the sweet (Danish) type pastries rather than pastry for quiche, pasties and the likes... you know the ones with the French custard filling? if you get my meaning...

Ah got ya. To be honest I've never tried to make that kind. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom