Recipe Semolina cavatelli

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:27 PM
Semolina pasta will be a little more yellow in color and a little more chewy than pasta made with regular flour.

INGREDIENTS

9 oz/250 g semolina flour
135 ml/4.5 oz very warm water
1 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS

I made the dough in the food processor. Added the semolina flour and salt to the bowl, pulsed to mix the salt in. Turned the processor on low and slowly poured in the water, increasing speed to medium when it started to labor a bit. I needed to add a bit more water so the dough would form a ball.

The dough can be made in the traditional manner by making a well in a bowl or on a board and slowly mixing in the water.

Knead the dough on a board lightly dusted with semolina flour until it is smooth and has the texture of play-dough. Form into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Let rest on the counter for at least 30 minutes. Cut dough into quarters and keep wrapped when not using.

You can use a cavatelli maker as I did or form by hand. If you use a machine, shape according to the directions for your machine. Many good examples on how to shape by hand can be found by simply googling "homemade cavatelli" without the quote marks.

20240129_183639.jpg

Last edited:
Hi - please pop a link to this in the challenge thread (I also forgot to do this when I entered last time! :D )

Back
Top Bottom