Shootings at Grocery Stores and Shopping Malls

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
2:56 PM
Some time ago, I lived in Milpitas, California and I just read a news article about a police shoot out with an armed man in a stolen car in a shopping center parking lot there, a shopping center where I had often gone for groceries and other things. So sad, as Milpitas was once a very nice town. But this news story is typical Americana these days. It's good to have moved out of the hectic urban Silicon Valley/San Francisco metropolitan area, - very good. I don't need to go grocery shopping for stray bullets, either in me or my vehicle.

My city of 220,000 people had one murder last year. That's average for Frisco. I think our peak was three murders, and two were a teen who killed both of his parents.

CD

My city of 220,000 people had one murder last year. That's average for Frisco. I think our peak was three murders, and two were a teen who killed both of his parents.

CD
There have been no more than 125 murders per year in this whole country, for the past 6 years. We're internationally low on murders.

Fewer homicides in 2020, but more young people killed

Though it could always be better.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2017/...ing-claim-sue-gunmans-parents-for-negligence/

Though once in a blue moon we had a shooting in a mall, lets hope it remains at one.

We had a gunman who targeted mosques here in chch , 2 years ago?
Took out 41, a real shock to quiet chch
It changed our gun laws.

Russ

Yeah, we all know about that here. Your country did something about it. Right wingers in the US did, too -- they bought more guns and ammunition. Your tragedy was a marketing strategy for American gun makers. "Buy now, before the libs here take your guns away!!!"

My own city of Frisco is has a very well educated citizenry. Violent crime is not common in Frisco.

CD

Yeah, we all know about that here. Your country did something about it. Right wingers in the US did, too -- they bought more guns and ammunition. Your tragedy was a marketing strategy for American gun makers. "Buy now, before the libs here take your guns away!!!"

My own city of Frisco is has a very well educated citizenry. Violent crime is not common in Frisco.

CD

I freeze when I hear of school shootings your way. Innocent young lives, it's not right.
They bought in licenses here about 35 years ago, I never took up the offer. Referees and a lot of paper work.
Even with the laws, gangs are still rampant with illegal guns.
You'd get a good payout for your arsenal here.

Russ

I freeze when I hear of school shootings your way. Innocent young lives, it's not right.
They bought in licenses here about 35 years ago, I never took up the offer. Referees and a lot of paper work.
Even with the laws, gangs are still rampant with illegal guns.
You'd get a good payout for your arsenal here.

Russ

That's the thing. When you make it tough to buy the seriously bad guns, the price goes up. The AR-15 you can buy here for less than a thousand bucks will cost someone $30,000 or more in Australia, since they are banned there. Yeah, you can still get them on the black market in Oz, but who has $30K to spend on a gun?

The guns I own are worth nothing to people who want to commit heinous crimes. They only hold 6 rounds, max, and take a considerable amount of time to reload. They would be useless in a mass shooting plot.

The last school shooting we had, four kids were killed, and six more kids and a teacher were shot and injured. The shooter was 15 years old. His parents gave him the gun as an early Christmas present. Fortunately, the parents are also being charged with Manslaughter for giving the minor a weapon that is used by many police officers in the US. But, the right wingers are crying foul on that. How messed up is that?

I hope this post doesn't get wiped. I'd like the rest of the world to know that not all of us in the US are gun crazy wingnuts. Most of us, including gun owners like me, are level headed people who want some tougher gun laws. More than 70-percent of gun owners in the US want tougher gun laws. We are embarrassed by the reputation that Americans are getting for being gun-totin' shoot first and ask questions later idiots.

CD

Last edited:
That's the thing. When you make it tough to buy the seriously bad guns, the price goes up. The AR-15 you can buy here for less than a thousand bucks will cost someone $30,000 or more in Australia, since they are banned there. Yeah, you can still get them on the black market in Oz, but who has $30K to spend on a gun?

The guns I own are worth nothing to people who want to commit heinous crimes. They only hold 6 rounds, max, and take a considerable amount of time to reload. They would be useless in a mass shooting plot.

The last school shooting we had, four kids were killed, and six more kids and a teacher were shot and injured. The shooter was 15 years old. His parents gave him the gun as an early Christmas present. Fortunately, the parents are also being charged with Manslaughter for giving the minor a weapon that is used by many police officers in the US. But, the right wingers are crying foul on that. How messed up is that?

I hope this post doesn't get wiped. I'd like the rest of the world to know that not all of us in the US are gun crazy wingnuts. Most of us, including gun owners like me, are level headed people who want some tougher gun laws. More than 70-percent of gun owners in the US want tougher gun laws. We are embarrassed by the reputation that Americans are getting for being gun-totin' shoot first and ask questions later idiots.

CD

CD

CD

Being I like to know stuff, I watch a lot of CNN fox and BBC.
The worst I've seen was the car ramming into people senselessly. Yoi must have serious mental health issues. We lost a kiwi in the Finland island slaying as well.
The world going cra cra.

Russ

The worst I've seen was the car ramming into people senselessly.

That guy got two life sentences and another 409 years for his crimes. He will never see freedom again. Not a fair trade, but it's something.

CD

Back
Top Bottom