Show me your breakfast (2024)

Hash browns with the leftover pork belly. I did an egg bleed for you guys. Craig got double of mine. His eggs were really bleeding.
20240526_111124.jpg

Turkish eggs:

IMG_8464.jpeg

First time making this, and as impressive as (I think) it looks, I wouldn’t make this again. Just not to our tastes (and a pity, as I specifically bought Aleppo pepper flakes for this, which were quite expensive - $10US for a standard spice jar).

I also seem to have transferred my skill at simultaneously cooking eggs to different levels of doneness to poaching, as I dumped in the eggs immediately, one right on the heels of the other, and somehow ended up with two perfectly poached eggs, and two very much overcooked. :laugh:

Turkish eggs:

View attachment 114290

First time making this, and as impressive as (I think) it looks, I wouldn’t make this again. Just not to our tastes (and a pity, as I specifically bought Aleppo pepper flakes for this, which were quite expensive - $10US for a standard spice jar).

I also seem to have transferred my skill at simultaneously cooking eggs to different levels of doneness to poaching, as I dumped in the eggs immediately, one right on the heels of the other, and somehow ended up with two perfectly poached eggs, and two very much overcooked. :laugh:

It looks stunning. What's not to like? Aleppo chilli flakes aren't very hot at all so I'm sure you can use them to sprinkle over other dishes.

It looks stunning. What's not to like? Aleppo chilli flakes aren't very hot at all so I'm sure you can use them to sprinkle over other dishes.
Thanks for the compliment…I do think it’s as pretty a dish as I’ve seen.

For me (both of us, really), it just didn’t have the richness the look of it suggested. The yogurt is thinner than, say, sour cream (and I don’t meant consistency, I mean taste) - both MrsT and I commented that “this tastes like a low-fat diet version of a better dish.”

Thanks for the compliment…I do think it’s as pretty a dish as I’ve seen.

For me (both of us, really), it just didn’t have the richness the look of it suggested. The yogurt is thinner than, say, sour cream (and I don’t meant consistency, I mean taste) - both MrsT and I commented that “this tastes like a low-fat diet version of a better dish.”
It is beautiful to look at, sorry it didn't meet expectations! What if you tried a different brand of yogurt?

I think I’d just go with a half-and-half mix of sour cream and mayonnaise.
They mayo would certainly add the richness, but seems like you could stick with Greek yogurt for the protein. Or throw some butter in there, we all know butter makes everything better!

They mayo would certainly add the richness, but seems like you could stick with Greek yogurt for the protein. Or throw some butter in there, we all know butter makes everything better!
The butter is the chili butter sauce…an entire stick, for two servings!

Back
Top Bottom